Hello again!

Chris Parson

As some of you have noticed I've been away from the forum for a couple of months. I had an rising interest for marble collecting but then it sort of faded as other aspects of life became more significant. Did this happen consciously? No, not at all.
I am living with an unstable mental health and have been doing so for many years, basically since I was a child. For the the last few months I have been focusing on my own awareness towards maintaining a stable mental health level. It's so much more than just trying to stay positive. It's all about awareness and centering yourself and when I have too much on my mind I have to clear away everything that is not of significance at the moment. Focusing on marble collecting was of less importance and taking a few steps back and recharge a bit was of much greater importance; Sorting marbles when you can't sort your own thoughts is quite difficult. :)

To all of you who have been sending me private messages and asking how I am doing: Thank you for your consideration and your patience.

I'll see you around! 

I have several mental health issues as well as arthritis. People understand arthritis but mental health always has a sigma attached to it. If you walk with a limp it’s easier to explain to someone why if they ask. Anxiously is another one that eats me up and it’s not a choice. So here I am. Rekindling my interest in marbles 20 years ago helped me slow down and focus on marbles instead of myself. If my brain was a WVS Ron would be stumped. There’s no time clock when it comes to sorting. I have a sorting method that works for me. If I score a group of marbles I put them in a Tupperware and cover them with a towel. I reach in and pull one marble at a time. When I started I had 2 tubs. One tub was clear base glass marbles and the other one was for all the other colors of base glass. I wish you the best and hope you end up being  Marbleholic like the rest of us 👍