Rant

• 1 month later...

States that are mispronounced. I grew up in Illinois. The s is silent. So it’s not Illi-noise. 

Nevada: If you you live there you say Nah-Va-Duh. Not Nah-Vah-Duh.

Oregon: I don’t know why I call it Ore-Gan but I do. Some say Ore-Gone.

Iowa: Io-wah not Io-way. 

Maine : No one says Main-ee

Oh Yeah !

I live in Call-uh-Rad-Doe. Not Call-uh-Raw-doe. 

I’m done….dun 🔥

• Haha 2

I know of some place names which are a test of whether you're familiar with the area.  Some are not pronounced like the more famous places with that name.  Some are unusual names which new people won't sound out the way longtime residents say it. 

For example, Miami, OK,  Eucha, OK,  Tahlequah, OK, Albany, GA,  Cairo, WV, Manitowoc, WI.  

On 4/12/2022 at 11:09 PM, Fire1981 said:

States that are mispronounced. I grew up in Illinois. The s is silent. So it’s not Illi-noise. 

Nevada: If you you live there you say Nah-Va-Duh. Not Nah-Vah-Duh.

Oregon: I don’t know why I call it Ore-Gan but I do. Some say Ore-Gone.

Iowa: Io-wah not Io-way. 

Maine : No one says Main-ee

Oh Yeah !

I live in Call-uh-Rad-Doe. Not Call-uh-Raw-doe. 

I’m done….dun 🔥

Correct on Nevada...🤣

I agree reject rich .  I get rejected someplace every week.  Sometimes that is good.  Plus I have more than most peoples share of reject marbles. I am going after some more Friday or Saturday. Back to the dirt. Suppose to be 85 here Saturday, maybe to hot ?  Dirty marbles are some of the best teachers. They don't tell you to be quiet. But they sure can require lots of homework. They cannot speak or write answers. They can be tough as most crossword puzzles or mazes to complete the puzzle. Some are old, some are sad, some are bright like when young. Each one has a background, most times a dirty one. Some can be guarded by a dog, by a snake, a spider, poison ivy, ants, briars, broken glass, other diggers, police, the list is long.  Many times all day it is just dirt, rocks or mud, no marbles. Maybe only pieces of marbles or cullet. Good days and not so good days or nights. But rejects are good teachers and I have lots of them. 

• 2 weeks later...

What the ? I use to pay $6.00 for a pound of hamburger. I went to the store today and it was $9.00 a pound. I go to the Butcher counter and it’s $5.00 a pound. I don’t get it. What next ? Ramen is $5.00 a pop 🔥

• 3 weeks later...

Traffic Rant: The sign says Right Lane closed. I do everything in my power to keep the Cheaters in the right lane. I hate it when someone tries to butt in line and some how they get in the left lane and I’m still 5 deep in traffic. If you’re that person I hope you run out of gas at the Taco Bell drive through before you get your order. And they’ll screw that up as well if you get there. 🔥

And the people who shoot out of the grocery store isles or they just suddenly stop when you’re behind them. What’s up with the 2 people who are blocking the isle with their cart and picking out peanut butter becomes a challenge. Chunky or creamy ? Or someone is stopping in traffic and trying to deciding if they should go back and get the bungee cord they saw is not good. Oh yeah….why is there only one lost shoe on the road? 🔥

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And why is everybody dumping cilantro in everything these days -  the "latest recipes," some otherwise trustworthy prepared foods, etc.? I`m not the only person I know who has a "cilantro gag" issue!

Do they not understand that to some of us cilantro tastes like slightly rancid dirt with a little soap thrown  in??

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ann said:

cilantro tastes like slightly rancid dirt with a little soap thrown  in

Pure soap---ugggg. I use Parsley instead.

Dried Cilantro is not so bad---but fresh??? I grew it one year---many years ago, thinking that I might be missing something---not!!!

I am with you Ann---ugggghhhh!

Parsley--On!!!