I'm so proud

Steph

My little girl cat is playing with marbles!  

I have a 2-inch-deep cookie tin with Jabo Lusters in it.  The tin is in a 4-inch-deep carboard box.  It all is way back in a crowded, cluttered corner of my office.  I'd forgotten about it being back there. 

When I started this post, she was rooting around in the tin. But now she has managed to get one of the marbles all the way out of the tin and out of the box and she is chasing it across the wood floor.

I'm so happy right now!  LOL

• Like 4
  • Award 1

3 hours ago, William said:

Wasn't it inevitable though? 😊

I wasn't counting my little furry chickens before they snatched.  

Of our six earlier family cats before she came into our lives, we only had one who showed much interest in marbles.   I always felt badly that I didn't let that guy play with them more.  I was hoping that I could make up for it this time around, but you can't force it.  This little girl had to discover them on her own.   

She is the most active and creative toy-player I have ever seen, so I was optimistic.  But cats keep you guessing. 

3 hours ago, Steph said:

I wasn't counting my little furry chickens before they snatched.  

Of our six earlier family cats before she came into our lives, we only had one who showed much interest in marbles.   I always felt badly that I didn't let that guy play with them more.  I was hoping that I could make up for it this time around, but you can't force it.  This little girl had to discover them on her own.   

She is the most active and creative toy-player I have ever seen, so I was optimistic.  But cats keep you guessing. 

A "Proud" parent & a Happy Kid !!!

image.png.db2c457ececf9b2d68a52a616646cf30.pngimage.png.85b4457bbb3bf3f73b95f6f0e2e0eac5.pngimage.png.1d170f392dd3290b26c2c4d9522d9a76.pngimage.png.1feecc05dd9fa1f6a965ce1a4d35e658.pngimage.png.dbecb2aa3744b99140576f889dd71859.pngimage.png.8161ddeb334bc6bb4437678d37aa5f77.pngimage.png.04af70e31ccb68cc1aecd3cf72aecd6e.pngimage.png.da9b053f45398df073666ccfa81a0fb6.pngimage.png.d44bae7a5575d6195b687aeb49e21c91.pngimage.png.e01ade09f85dc53f6a0061b55ce5defb.png

• Like 1

Well, she should not want for toys.

I had a friend whose cat would sit on the back of the couch and bat a wad of paper you pitched to her. She would do it for like an hour,  and she never missed. Her name was Babe.

• Haha 2

Wow...my cat Whiskers started playing a marble game that HE created! I just put down a new border strip in the doorway of a bathroom and he suddenly started treating it as "sacred land" He will sit on the bathroom side of the strip, and if I roll a marble over that strip, he bats it back across. And doesn't stop until mission accomplished! Then he sits and waits for the next "trespasser". And he won't chase them after he accomplishes his task! 

20220212_181244.jpg

• Haha 2

My problem with letting my cats play with my marbles has been finding ones that I wouldn't mind them dinging or losing!

It hurt a little even to let Bear skitter a Jabo Luster across the room.

But fortunately for my marble playing fiend, hubby brought home a lot of cheap marbles recently -- no-name decorative iridescent marbles and the like.  

So Bear has plenty to play with now. 

• Like 1

P.s., I also once had a cat who was an amazing talent with the paper wad. He could jump up and grab them in the air.  (And grab nerf footballs ... and birds.)  

One time a paper wad came sailing over my shoulder from behind as I was sitting on a sofa.   And the only explanation was that somehow my fella had managed to hurl it from the next room.  He never repeated that feat but he had impressive ball-handling skills.   

16 hours ago, Steph said:

P.s., I also once had a cat who was an amazing talent with the paper wad. He could jump up and grab them in the air.  (And grab nerf footballs ... and birds.)  

One time a paper wad came sailing over my shoulder from behind as I was sitting on a sofa.   And the only explanation was that somehow my fella had managed to hurl it from the next room.  He never repeated that feat but he had impressive ball-handling skills.   

I had a stalky little Manx cat that had 7 toes on each front paw and 6 on each back. He grabbed thigs like he had baseball mits on, paper wads, balls, mice, birds, then toyed with everything because he knew once he had whatever in his mits there was no getting away. Many, many years ago but I still remember him & his stubborn little attitude like it was yesterday  image.png.e98d30d5a6d8fcf505d2373c3c196d4d.png

• Like 1

Steph, 
My “Garage” cat was on his thirteenth life last spring. I decided to let him live out his life as he would have it. He was in no pain—just very sick and old, my Vet agreed with my decision.
He would not drink, eat, move etc. I mixed up some canned tuna with water, strained it and fed it to him via a liquid syringe. 
Much to my surprise as well as the Vet’s, he is back to his old, get in the way, always being under foot, self.
Tuna water is the way to go with a Cat that will not drink. 
Try it out and be rewarded.
Cat lovers on!!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...