heymikey

CAC, "Worlds Best Bloodies"?

What do you think? CAC Best bloodies or not? <_<:blink:

Most of the Bloodies I've seen or owned have had a white base, not clear. My guess is that they are *probably* not CA Bloodies..

Jerry

I don't think so either, but a little larger picture would help. They are very hard to find and very, very often mis-ID'd. Here's a pic of one. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

post-64-1154353597_thumb.jpg

Hey folks,

From here these look like red baseglass slags; I thought the CAC Bloodies were white-based. Is this incorrect?

Sword44

Um, golly, sorry about the enormous screaming font size...

Sword44

One easy (though not absolute) identification tip is to check the white for fluorescence. Most CAC bloodies will glow under a black light (Christensen's white glass is often fluorescent besides being very opaque). ~~~Alan

Well there ya go. We have just heard from the Surgen GENERAL of marbles. Take notes children. LoL. jk Alan , you know I aim to be like you one day , dont cha.?? O we can not have too many Knowledgeable folks.

Alan I think I need to visit you in fl. See your personal collection and then whimper a while. ROFLOL.

Guest browse4antiques

Here are 2 that I always thought were CAC Bloodies. They have very bright white, but I'll check them as soon as I find my lamp. Thanks, for the tip Alan. ... Roger

post-112-1154372048_thumb.jpg

post-112-1154372097_thumb.jpg

Bloody.JPG

Hmmm, Thanks Alan. But what color shoud it florece? One on left is bright green. But the other two have Pink/orange/red shade and "purple, btw; is the first time I've ever seen a black light make this color. "

Good tip!

What about electric yellow slag's? Mine glow a great yellow under UV.

The white does not always flouresce. I would say 50% of the time. The same is true for the white on guineas.

Guest marbleus1

Ya gotta picture of those in natural light?

David

or incandescant?

Right---note that I said most (perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully, and used the term "overwhelming majority," which, according to my Republican friends, is applicable to a 52% margin, or at least was a couple years ago....) :-)

That was meant to be a light jibe, by the way. Hell, I just bought Ronald Reagan stamps at the post office this morning...they were in the discount bin...heh ~~~Alan

Jeff, which ones you posted are considered bloodies? That's a wide range of nice looking mibs. Not sure on what these are, CAC bloodies or not enough bloody-ness

post-279-1191118162_thumb.jpgpost-279-1191118168_thumb.jpg

Yes, I have a bloody box that is filled with the rarest CA marble of all - red Jennys. I got it years ago from beloved, Les Jones. I'll send a lousy pic to Lou for posting.

post-2-1154618659_thumb.jpg

Guest browse4antiques

Of what I've seen, most of the pictures of "Bloodies" boxes have those red slags rather than the white-based swirls. I've even seen marble books showing a similar pic and claiming them to be "bloodies". No wonder there is so much confusion over the use of the name. ... Roger