Spring feelings

Chris Parson

14 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

The sun in my West window is back. My Cats love the sunshine 🚀

Among all these Cat's eyes, this is the one that grabs my attention . . .

image.png.f2cff4a7035b3a172e6e0a5de58591d2.png

Any ideas why? lol

Agree fully, a reason why I spent hours on my deck w/ piles of mibs in the afternoon sunlight. I try to have both a sunlight pic & an indoor pic to show the contrast in lighting when I post. When I set up my lighting for pix I try to be as close to natural sunlight as I can. Of course I haven't taken pix of every one of them in the sun which is evident by some of my posts. Spring is in the air. We had our first sunny day above 70f today, felt like 80 but I'm not gonna complain.

image.png.727340cbfb40e282808f834c1fe8bcba.png

It used to be once we saw a Robin, spring was here; the Robins are not so reliable anymore. I rely on the Vultures arriving more than the Robins.
Seeing a flock of Swans is just as good as Vultures and a tad prettier to say the least. I saw a flock of Swans on my way to the Antique Mall yesterday and guess what I found for $25 with the original box. I scooped it up and I am glad that I did.
Swarovski Crystal is a hard thing to enjoy unless it is in hand, this is my best.
I still have some ice in the backyard but we are close.
Marble—On!!

P3230027 (2).JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'll bet that would light up a room from the windowsill.

Oh it will, if the sun shines some time in the near future--rain rain rain--no complaints, I love four seasons.

This stuff is a great thing to behold, if you find some cheap---pick it up and never look back--it could start a new addiction.

I have a few😁.

7 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Wow ! That is one amazing $25 swan. Ric that Cats Eye is an optical illusion. It’s not green and red. I wish it was. 

I just thought the banana green was dark enough that it might have AV in it.

• 1 month later...

Loving Spring right now. With some help, I've been tackling the yard and garden the past few days. We have the garden in the middle yard mowed and it's garden planted. All tomatoes (Big Boys, Better Boys, 2 of a German variety and one called a Big Mama).

Going to have some lunch then start working on the back yard and garden. I'm being careful 👍

• Like 2

How could I forget? It's totally awesome to see all the birds back! I've already had Goldfinches, Thrushes, 2 varieties of Orioles, Indigo Buntings, and more. Awaiting the arrival of the Hummingbirds and Red Breasted Grosbeaks, which could be any day now 😊

• Wow 1

On 5/14/2022 at 9:29 AM, William said:

How could I forget? It's totally awesome to see all the birds back! I've already had Goldfinches, Thrushes, 2 varieties of Orioles, Indigo Buntings, and more. Awaiting the arrival of the Hummingbirds and Red Breasted Grosbeaks, which could be any day now 😊

Lots of Hummers here, first time I actually seen some hang out all Winter, no idea what they were eating ?? I think @ least 2 of the Females I seen on the frosty limbs during this last winter lived !!

On 5/14/2022 at 11:29 AM, William said:

Yes! Scarlet Tanagers have joined the backyard feeders!

Spring is finally here and we're rounding the corner to summer.  It's very nice outside.  On Sunday I fixed a couple of dishes with dandelions. 

A dandelion and mushroom omelet and a side of dandelion fritters.  There's actually a marble connection there ^_^ because the dandelion fritter recipe came from Ron Buol's wife, the mosaic artist Frances Green.  She's apparently an adventurous cook also!  The fritters were quite tasty.

Her recipe on Facebook

I had a bag of roasted salted almonds, so I crushed them up as well as I could for the "ground nuts" part of the recipe.

Springtime Chinook salmon & Steelhead fishing is my go to. I get itchy every Spring to get out & this is the perfect way to do it. This pic was taken only about 3 miles from my house along the Columbia river a couple years back. I have mostly given up taking pix of these, I believe after over 50 years of fishing I have enough. I consider myself very lucky to have grown up & live where I do, Mt. St. Helens is 50 mi. away, Portland is 50 and the coast is 50 so well within reach of nearly anything I'd ever want to do.

Me, Paul & Kirk with our limits of spring Chinook after a long day of fishing off one of the many Islands on the Columbia.

image.thumb.png.611ccdd02a8b058563ac65c7a60969a5.png

• Like 1