Happy Mother’s Day!!

This was a “Sundays Best” post that made it here instead, a post that all Mothers are more than deserving of. This marble spoke to me today so here goes.
Here is a 1” Akro slag that has opal in the base and opal in the white. Due to the imbedded dirt in the seams and the scratching on the exterior, I believe that it is an experimental/dug marble. Under UV light the white displays as a light pink. This one was incredibly hard to shoot an image of---I did my best for the Mothers reading this post, if not for you we would not be here—enough said.
I stayed close to my home and I am the closest to my Mother of all of my siblings—about 2000 feet---I Love you Mom!—RIP.( a few tears here)
The first image is what the marble looks like in hand—white, as in a white slag.
The second image shows it on a black background.
The third image shows it back-lit with obvious opalescence, the white looks bluish in sunlight.
The fourth image shows it on a white background.
What a great marble for Mothers Day, simple in hand and deep in depth, color and –you know, always in the background and always loving and shining.
Marble—On---and of course---
Mothers On!!! for sure—I love you all for what you are!!
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Award 1