Who’s Coral ?

Fire1981

They used to be thought to be Christensen.  Then they were thought to be Champion.  Further study pointed to Alley.   

Sometimes marbles change places.  Like Helmets went from being Akro to being Vitro and those pretty blue patches went from being Alley to being Akro. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steph said:

Si pensava che fossero Christensen. Quindi si pensava che fossero campioni. Ulteriori studi hanno indicato Alley.   

A volte le biglie cambiano posto. Like Helmets è passato dall'essere Akro all'essere Vitro e quelle graziose macchie blu sono passate dall'essere Alley all'essere Akro. 

Ah ok, so they were reason for discussion and change of opinions....

Yes, in fact these slightly different reasons could have raised doubts.

Well, it can happen of course, it has also been seen with other marbles ...

Thanks for the information Steph!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cheese said:

Alley. Nice. I don't know of any Champion corals with provenance. 

This is the thing---Champion digs--were there any?
Just asking . It is a hard thing to believe that only Alley made "Corals".
I have collected "Corals" for years---luv them. Hard to believe that they all came from one source.
Rock on and marble on as well!!!! 
Any and all opinions are appreciated.
Marble--On!!

CoralA.jpg

• Like 1

Alley and Champion factories were about 100 feet apart in Glass factory hallow in Pennsboro WV. Champion used the old Alley building for storage and packaging for maybe thirty years. So any digging in the area can be confused. People did dig green base and coral marbles near the Champion buildings and the Alley building.  I have never seen a coral in any Champion package, old or later. Alley never put his name on any package. But coral marbles have been found in packages with Alley marbles. Two L. E. Alley grandsons both have good numbers of various coral marbles in their collections. Both grandsons say they themselves brought their coral marbles home right from the Alley St. Marys WV factory. I think CAC also made coral marbles but all that I am sure of being CAC had two easy seen cut lines. I think CAC coral numbers are very low. Peltier also may have made coral marbles. A very few maybe six have been dug at the Peltier site. But did Peltier actually produce them ?? Alley corals can be a wide range of transparent green base. Alley corals can be different shades of the coral color, from bright orange to almost pink. The Alley Exotic Corals are more colors than just green and coral. The Exotics, have bright transparent green base, very bright orange coral with a additional, yellow, red, purple, or all.  Exotic corals will have the very bright transparent green base with at least two other or more other colors. Not bleeds or blends, etc.  Some will be transparent green base with coral(orange), yellow, red, pink and purple swirls, all on one marble. With the odds probably ninety five percent or more of all the green base and coral colored machine made swirl marbles you will see are likely Alley. With some of those from the Pennsboro WV location  and most will be from the St.Marys WV factory location. This is the most up to date information that I have on coral swirl marbles.  Maybe someone can add more about CAC and Peltier coral marbles ? 

Alley corals . There is a large variety of Alley coral marbles.

DSC02434.JPG.7bbbecfc34bd1b89a142522a7d0ca55f.JPGDSC04917.JPG.5446e45596b779f18ab889d6021bb9ac.JPGDSC04922.JPG.f81543fc2f349c16efa0c7f461087087.JPGDSC06368.JPG.f34a1df6fe898f2297ee5806867e77c8.JPGDSC06365.JPG.89580a17c7636220e8daa9ea81537e1f.JPGDSC01763.JPG.8aeac1078a5e52354d8f6d03212ebcb0.JPG 

• Like 1
  • Award 4

16 hours ago, wvrons said:

Alley and Champion factories were about 100 feet apart in Glass factory hallow in Pennsboro WV. Champion used the old Alley building for storage and packaging for maybe thirty years. So any digging in the area can be confused. People did dig green base and coral marbles near the Champion buildings and the Alley building.  I have never seen a coral in any Champion package, old or later. Alley never put his name on any package. But coral marbles have been found in packages with Alley marbles. Two L. E. Alley grandsons both have good numbers of various coral marbles in their collections. Both grandsons say they themselves brought their coral marbles home right from the Alley St. Marys WV factory. I think CAC also made coral marbles but all that I am sure of being CAC had two easy seen cut lines. I think CAC coral numbers are very low. Peltier also may have made coral marbles. A very few maybe six have been dug at the Peltier site. But did Peltier actually produce them ?? Alley corals can be a wide range of transparent green base. Alley corals can be different shades of the coral color, from bright orange to almost pink. The Alley Exotic Corals are more colors than just green and coral. The Exotics, have bright transparent green base, very bright orange coral with a additional, yellow, red, purple, or all.  Exotic corals will have the very bright transparent green base with at least two other or more other colors. Not bleeds or blends, etc.  Some will be transparent green base with coral(orange), yellow, red, pink and purple swirls, all on one marble. With the odds probably ninety five percent or more of all the green base and coral colored machine made swirl marbles you will see are likely Alley. With some of those from the Pennsboro WV location  and most will be from the St.Marys WV factory location. This is the most up to date information that I have on coral swirl marbles.  Maybe someone can add more about CAC and Peltier coral marbles ? 

Alley corals . There is a large variety of Alley coral marbles.

DSC02434.JPG.7bbbecfc34bd1b89a142522a7d0ca55f.JPGDSC04917.JPG.5446e45596b779f18ab889d6021bb9ac.JPGDSC04922.JPG.f81543fc2f349c16efa0c7f461087087.JPGDSC06368.JPG.f34a1df6fe898f2297ee5806867e77c8.JPGDSC06365.JPG.89580a17c7636220e8daa9ea81537e1f.JPGDSC01763.JPG.8aeac1078a5e52354d8f6d03212ebcb0.JPG 

These are gorgeous!!!