As-made cold rolls

"It depends".  But it does affect desirability and value.

Be wary of people who sell using the description "As-made".  These days its popularly used as an excuse for a condition problem... trying to infer that it is somehow less impactful on the marble's value.  It isn't.

And the increasingly popular use of the term to describe nicks and other damage as if it makes that damage anything less than it is - is simply BS.  How would they know when damage occurred?  In the end - that damage is simply what it is. 

Avoid such sellers.

• Award 1

9 hours ago, Alan said:

"It depends".  But it does affect desirability and value.

Be wary of people who sell using the description "As-made".  These days its popularly used as an excuse for a condition problem... trying to infer that it is somehow less impactful on the marble's value.  It isn't.

And the increasingly popular use of the term to describe nicks and other damage as if it makes that damage anything less than it is - is simply BS.  How would they know when damage occurred?  In the end - that damage is simply what it is. 

Avoid such sellers.

I agree with Alan. the only single mib i ever bought, the seller was truthful about the little roll mark on it , and showed 6 or more pics of the mib one close up of the roll mark. I would never buy a mib that the seller is only showing one or two pics of it 

How do you or they know it was a cold roll mark. Where they present when that marble was made ?  Most roll marks 95% are hot roll marks. Only on start up are the rolls cold. They didn't start up often.  They ran 24hrs. a day 7 days a week anytime possible. The hardest thing on a marble machine is letting it set idle. The rolls will begin to rust in a few hours. Then the rust contaminates the first few hundred or thousand marbles. Then the cold roll marks happen until the rolls get heat in them from the hot marbles rolling across them.   Roll marks happen all during the operation because of many different things. But they are not cold roll marks.  Cold roll mark is another marble term that is used wrong 99% of the time.  

• Like 1
  • Award 1

Myself I don't care if a default in or on a marble was a as made or after made. It affects the value for myself.  I will not pay $100.00 for a mint marble. and also pay $100.00 for the same similar marble with a blow out, a roll mark, or fracture labeled mint with a as made.  It just does not make sense to me, to pay the same price for no as made or the same for something with a problem, non standard production. Would you knowingly buy a new car with factory(problems)As Mades ?  At full retail price same as the other non As Mades.  For myself any as made should lower the value.  

• Like 1