What are you procrastinating?

Steph

I wanted to post at least one thing in the historical documents forum today to get back into the swing of things.  But then a friend said she needed a girl's night out,  and then it turned into a girl's afternoon out.   So now I'm just chilling and waiting for the afternoon to begin.  

Maybe tomorrow! 

I gave up years ago--Planting seedlings in early June is my way. I am quite attached to my little ones, I grow mine from seed. I hate when I have to put the plants into my compost in the fall and I thank them all for their service.
The dry spring turned into a wet one and my pole beans, chard and others will have to wait. The ground temp is still below what it should be and seed rot is not worth the while. 
I am just lucky to have a few Radishes given the temp up and downs. There is nothing like a garden grown Radish, wash them off in a little rain water, chew them up and wait for the nose to clear, the hotter the better.
I am not the one that wants the first—just the best for my uses. Wisconsin has turned into a late crop area—I will adjust. Late season Black Radishes—I can’t wait.

Wisconsin has taught me to embrace greenhouse plants.  Wisconsin --  and my lack of a good place to start seeds indoors.    By the time the tomatoes arrived that I had planted from seed, it felt like they were only producing for a month. 

Sooooo ...... 

8 tomato plants for $20.  Got 'em three weeks ago and they're already starting to flower.  I'm very happy about that.  I picked five varieties from cherry to beef.   I don't aspire to fancy heirloom types.  I just want to have some tomatoes.  

I put my radishes, carrots and scallions  in containers.  Planted those a week ago.   Thinned 'em out a couple of days ago.  Munched on the pulled sprouts. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...