Funky Ceramic

Fire1981

The third images shows little round marks where either the marble was touching another one or several during the firing process or it was on a stand of some sort during the same.

The surface looks glazed and fired to me.

I have never seen anything like it.

I am not ready to call it new just yet. If it is glazed you should be able to clean it with just about anything without the color rubbing off.

Did little Fire make this one in ceramics class?😁

Marble—On!!

Light, eh?  Surprising.

I was only going by the look.   I don't recall if I was ever told what was inside them. 

If they're the ones I heard about from a reputable collector, they have a different origin than the magic marker marbles.    I remember hearing of a marble which was originally sold on ebay without any fake story with it.   Then later people may have started telling sketchy stories about it.  For some reason I associate that ebay offering with those enamel looking marbles.  But it's all very vague in my mind.

Those are rare gypsum marbles, made in the 1700s in italy. Only 20-30 are known to exist, usually sell for $1,00-1,500 depending on condition and pattern.  Too bad on the broken one! 

Just kidding, don't swallow your tongue, I agree with Steph! 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Maybe I’ll break open the one on the left. Why not ? Too late ! I just did it 🔥

940E9360-5CAB-4842-A01C-DD0A7787A7F8.jpeg

1EA747A7-8294-4BE4-8DC7-78083550EF4F.jpeg

679386D2-854F-40AF-9C19-5691D4627922.jpeg

Mmmm,  gumball candy ..... I knew ya couldn't resist Fire, great minds think alike !!