Cub Scout Shooter - Peltier ?

Scooter

I do not think that it is a Vacor. It is not a Peltier marble. I do not agree with CAC.
I have seen a few of these big ones and I always thought that were Alley Agate.

There is one buried in this set of images.

More opinions are welcomed/needed.
Marble—On!!

P6010001 (2).JPG

P6010025 (2).JPG

Not CAC at 15/16.  It has to be Alley if that large. Those swirl traits are a match for CAC. That 4th picture with the snake curve and snake head at the end, and that single curved sharp tip flame. I have seen on many CAC.    But so many Alley and CAC are so close. Almost as close as Alley and Ravenswood.  I have had a few hundred 15/16 blue base and yellow Alleys but none with a swirl pattern like this.   For sure not any Peltier. 

Hi my 1st rookie though was Vacor . Good learning in this thread , i don’t use a computer just my iphone ,but when i zoom in to see the ribbons they are out of focus they look yellow and green on the edges ,i can’t tell if there is two shades of blue either, so i don’t see how anybody could give a proper ID on this mib  unless in hand or better pics ,we all know how close some Vacor can be to other makers but you got a few votes for Alley so it must be Alley 😎

2 hours ago, Brock said:

I think i have seen that type/size in the big boy bags .  ? By marble king?  Not sure if the marble stock was purchased elsewhere for those.

Berry Pink jobbered both Peltiers and Alleys under a "Marble King" brand label before he started the official Marble King company.  The first Marble King factory was actually the last Alley factory.  Pink bought it from Mr. Alley.  

After the Marble King company was founded, Pink continued to use old Alley stock for the first few years before his distinctive Marble King company style was perfected.  

So depending on the bag and label design, there could have been a couple of paths for big Alleys to get into Marble King bags.  :thup:

• Like 1

Yes Lumbo---not a Pelt---no way---never, not even close!
Sometimes we get so carried away that we may forget the original question :Panic:
There are a whole bunch of marble nuts here and you may have to sort through the responses to get a good Idea.
This was a great post and by you and I recognize what your original question was.
Keep them coming, my marble collecting friend. 
There are very few marbles or questions that we will shy away from here.
The one that you posted is a Nice Alley Agate Swirl😃.
Marble—On!!

5 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Oops !! I guess the Vacor is iridescent, my bad  :eusa_doh:

LINK :   https://www.billes-en-tete.com/detail.php?id=67

image.png

Chad, there is a non-iridescent Vacor with similar colors and no name that I know of.  It was found in assortment nets from the 1990's.  I looked hard at some pictures I have of those because the colors are very close but in the end I still leaned strongly Alley.  

Check out the pictures here:

https://marbleconnection.com/topic/11724-new-marbles-which-sort-of-look-old/?do=findComment&comment=107179

30 minutes ago, Steph said:

Chad, there is a non-iridescent Vacor with similar colors and no name that I know of.  It was found in assortment nets from the 1990's.  I looked hard at some pictures I have of those because the colors are very close but in the end I still leaned strongly Alley.  

Check out the pictures here:

https://marbleconnection.com/topic/11724-new-marbles-which-sort-of-look-old/?do=findComment&comment=107179

Alley was my second go to but I just wasn't sure from the pix ?? Ah well, @ least we all came to a unanimous decision, Alley it is, a great discussion & exercise in narrowing down the playing field to the right manufacturer  :thup: