What are the most expensive Marble Kings?

Steph, i purchased many years ago from Marblealan, a "Pink Grasshopper" and he told me that is one of them at the top. A MK with with a (pink) base with green patch and ribbons. I do not have a photo of it yet. Chuck G---

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chuck G said:

Steph, i purchased many years ago from Marblealan, a "Pink Grasshopper" and he told me that is one of them at the top. A MK with with a (pink) base with green patch and ribbons. I do not have a photo of it yet. Chuck G---

Looking forward to the picture 👍

• Like 1

I am purchasing a bag of marbles without seeing what's inside.  It's a worn plastic Marble King bag ... probably the contents are barely vintage if even that old.   And there's no guarantee that the contents are even mostly Marble King.  And the condition of the marbles are probably in line with the condition of the bag.

It's a middle-aged man's childhood collection.  He's a friend of a friend and I'm buying it for a modest price to be a good sport and to show gratitude to my friend for being on the lookout for marbles for me.  And it will be fun to see an intact collection from someone's childhood who is about my age.

After my offer was accepted, I did say that if the bag turned out to have anything rare in it, I would do right by the friend of the friend.  

So now I'm fantasizing about what might be in the bag. :) 

9 hours ago, Steph said:

I am purchasing a bag of marbles without seeing what's inside.  It's a worn plastic Marble King bag ... probably the contents are barely vintage if even that old.   And there's no guarantee that the contents are even mostly Marble King.  And the condition of the marbles are probably in line with the condition of the bag.

It's a middle-aged man's childhood collection.  He's a friend of a friend and I'm buying it for a modest price to be a good sport and to show gratitude to my friend for being on the lookout for marbles for me.  And it will be fun to see an intact collection from someone's childhood who is about my age.

After my offer was accepted, I did say that if the bag turned out to have anything rare in it, I would do right by the friend of the friend.  

So now I'm fantasizing about what might be in the bag. :) 

:icon_popcorn: I'll try to tackle this popcorn because it's well worth it to hear about the upcoming contents....

12 hours ago, Steph said:

So now I'm fantasizing about what might be in the bag

This is the rush that keeps me going after i win or buy Mibs i love opening up marble mail almost gets the heart pumping  like when i’m drag racing and pulling up to the tree  

I hope you get some good ones Steph 

7 hours ago, Dave 13 said:

This is the rush that keeps me going after i win or buy Mibs i love opening up marble mail almost gets the heart pumping  like when i’m drag racing and pulling up to the tree  

I hope you get some good ones Steph 

Sharing my popcorn with Dave....:icon_popcorn: :icon_popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The late Ed Parsons and myself partnered up and bought a original 25lb. case box never opened that was from Marble King St.Marys WV.  it was sealed and shipped but never opened. At a WV show we flipped a coin to see who got to cut the seal and open the flaps. Ed won the flip. We both envisioned and least one or two bags with a watermelon in them. Ed cut open the box and pulled out the top layer of bags. They were all plastic bags with the yellow Nestle Quik headers. I pulled out the next layer of bags. Every bag in the box was the exact same. Plus every bag had the same exact variety of MK marbles. Of course no watermelon. Each bag contained one each, cub scout, girl scout, bumblebee, red/white rainbow, blue/white rainbow, brown/white rainbow, etc. all very common MK from the original St.Marys factory.  I had heard that Roger Howdyshell was very strict on his packaging. That proved it. Most companies did not get that accurate of what was in each bag or a entire case. Vitro even had a Tiger Eye in a Blackies bag and many other odd marbles that did not match the bag header. I guess if one bag in that MK case would have contained a watermelon, Every bag in that case would have had a watermelon. I have seen three original MK bags with watermelons in them. But not in this case. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Award 2