Let’s take a vote

I have always liked it. Best recipe ever was when they used to make everything from scratch down at the local nursing home. My wife and I worked there, myself 8 years and she for 25. 

This is back in the 90's before they started getting away from homemade (which is sad). Fortunately, we got our hands on the recipe (which I still have), but it's been quite a few years since I've had it myself. With my current condition, I'm not sure what it would taste like, since my taste buds have been so drastically "altered" due to surgery and radiation. 

But yeah, I'm definitely on board with a big, fat, YUMMY 😛

First of all, “Liver and Onions” sounds like a good name for an Alley Agate marble for some reason
Second of all, it has been a while since I had liver and onions and I am getting a massive hankering for some. Back in the day we would have deep fried chicken livers on card night. It is hard to find any decent chicken livers anymore though. Venison liver, pork liver, beef liver, I was raised eating them all---Yum!
Liver –On!!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, akroorka said:

First of all, “Liver and Onions” sounds like a good name for an Alley Agate marble for some reason
Second of all, it has been a while since I had liver and onions and I am getting a massive hankering for some. Back in the day we would have deep fried chicken livers on card night. It is hard to find any decent chicken livers anymore though. Venison liver, pork liver, beef liver, I was raised eating them all---Yum!
Liver –On!!

High Five to Art for turning this into a marble thread!  Good man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lets see some potential marbles to be named---any type or make will do, they should be kinda findable imho.

Marble Connection more than deserves a marble to be named here🌎.

This could be a great thread.

Lets pick the judges and get on with it, five should do.

I nominate Steph---second?

Show your "liver and onions" looking marbles here.

Lets do this---

Marble--On!!

• Award 1

Chicken livers takes me back to when I was a young man in Jacksonville,  Florida working for a small privately owned chain of restaurants called Jimmy's Buttermilk Chicken. My favorite side dish was deep fried livers and gizzards. And they used peanut oil in their deep fryers. That combination with a big bowl of creamed peas! YUMMMMMMY!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, akroorka said:

Lets see some potential marbles to be named---any type or make will do, they should be kinda findable imho.

Lets do this---

Marble--On!!

I nominate you Art so we got Steph and Art i got these Marble kings that i’ll post they might be to common for a named mib ? there more brown then red i think 

2nd mib i’m not sure if it’s a Alley or Ravenswood or how many may be around 🤷‍♂️ 

AF5BF509-5830-429B-959E-147EEF5BCC28.png

22AE8A98-ECC3-44CE-A079-109CF241B1F0.jpeg

776E7169-74E6-4168-9A33-7CB7B5C9E268.jpeg

7ADC3C31-7739-4896-A6D8-AE9AA649A826.jpeg

EB76F642-8851-4036-AC41-0314D0E1E9A3.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, akroorka said:

Liver –On!!

We have Ezells, which has awesome livers and gizzards.

there is a small place at Pike Place Market in Seattle that sells 1/2lb baskets for around $4, any combination of hearts, livers, and gizzards. Best and least expensive lunch in town!

as for beef liver, the wife cooks it along with a bunch of other stuff for dog food🤣

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, akroorka said:

Lets do this---

Marble--On!!

We should do that voting thing like before. On the black and white Navarre pics...😃😉

3 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

That is disturbing on many levels🤮

Now ya know how much I desire liver & onions, considering he's cooking a rubber hand it probably smells like burning tires, yummy !!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I've had them in the past...I think the prep work/recipe/skill has a lot to do with how well the plate turns out.  When I was a kid, the liver always seemed like shoe leather (sorry, Mom).  Then I read somewhere that the livers retain a bunch of non-desirable things nowadays. 

11 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Now ya know how much I desire liver & onions, considering he's cooking a rubber hand it probably smells like burning tires, yummy !!

You know Chad, fish livers are a good thing and I know that you get plenty.

Eat them up!!