where has Alan's old page gone?

Have you seen how things have change on the internet?   I may be wrong, but Alan's beautiful works now are a handful of collective pictures, another that I use to like has modified so that it just looks scary, another looks like a money pit, and so on. Also, I see there are many places where they aren't complete even though people have been using the marbles for a long time, or they use new names for old ones without telling us why. It's hard enough to learn about our marbles without having these changes to contend with. What do you say, am I right or just blowing smoke?.....Bonniemarbles

• Like 1

Welcome to the new world bonnie. 
I agree it is hard to keep up with.
I was out of it for a few years and had to really jump back into it to make it worth my while.
Everything regarding marbles is a new experience to be appreciated. I jumped back in and so can you.
Live and learn research and research on. This marble collecting stuff blows by the past and reveals the present. Who knows what the future may hold.
Try to keep up with the current knowledge as it is displayed and shared here at the Marble Connection, the best place to be if you really want to know about what is really going on with collecting marbles.
I feel your pain and I have been there. I am happy to say that this board has renewed any interest that I had in the past. It took some work but it was all painless.
Marble on my marble collecting friend!!

I have hosted Alan's original website since 2012 with permission from his family. Any other recreation of it is just someone stealing an old website and calling it their own.

About a year ago I updated it with current graphics and technology so that it works on mobile devices, Ipads, etc. I added a few additional pictures and updated some of the IDs with current thinking about manufacturers, but it is 98% original. I do not make money off of this, but pay to register his domain name, for security certificates and hosting to keep it going.

It is located here:

Marble Alan Website

You can get to it by using this URL anytime: https://www.marblealans.com

• Award 2

On 6/18/2022 at 7:53 AM, spara50 said:

I have hosted Alan's original website since 2012 with permission from his family. Any other recreation of it is just someone stealing an old website and calling it their own.

About a year ago I updated it with current graphics and technology so that it works on mobile devices, Ipads, etc. I added a few additional pictures and updated some of the IDs with current thinking about manufacturers, but it is 98% original. I do not make money off of this, but pay to register his domain name, for security certificates and hosting to keep it going.

It is located here:

Marble Alan Website

Thank you Craig for reposting the link & all your hard work and continuing support of the marble community, the site is a longstanding & valuable reference asset for us all.

I'm still "new" for the most part too marble collecting, having only been at for about a year and a half, so sadly, I never had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with Alan.

That website however is one of my "go to" reference listings hands down so yes, a big thank you for keeping it going 👍

20 hours ago, spara50 said:

It is located here:

Marble Alan Website

image.gif.7e704cab13617e57346c9f34d2d424d5.gif