Do you remember when you where first exposed to toy marbles ??     DO you remember your first marble and how you got it ??    Do you remember where and when it took place ??      Not necessarily when you started collecting but your first exposure to marbles or the game of marbles ??   If ya want to add when ya got the BUG  (started collecting)  great !!   I will post pix of my first marble and the story to go along w/  how I got it tomorrow, time to hit the hay    image.png.592d9f3756b55b4d97175d0630ffbfec.png  

See y'all mibsters in the morrow !!!

When I was 10 we were in the middle of moving. I was carrying one of my mothers dresser drawers out to the truck when I seen a marble moving around a bit @ the bottom of the drawer.  I stopped and picked it up, my Mother told me it was her favorite shooter when she was a child. I had no idea what a shooter was or even what she was talking about all I knew is I liked the marble. She looked @ me and said I could have it but never to loose it. Years went by and sometime in the early 80's I was @ a garage sale & seen some German Handmades in a box on a table, I was drawn to the design & intricacy of the Latt webbing in the marbles, the myriad of colors in the banding, I was hooked, they looked like candy.  Never realizing @ that moment how hard I had actually been bit. This was the true beginning of my marble journey, it was like I had a fever. Garage sales, thrift shops, antique stores. Back then you could find some decent stashes in the wild  @ some pretty reasonable prices w/ the occasional gem hiding in the jar or bag. Now that I have you bored to death, through all the moves, and my stay in the Navy, the one thing that made it through all that was the marble my Mother gave me when I was 10,  beaten, weathered and aged I still have it, one of my most treasured possessions and by far the most treasured marble I have. A memory I hope never fades  :)

image.png.df21b3b1d37b5da6fe2e60782793d51d.png

image.png.1591b5323a770125a4a052e5bf94786e.png

• Like 1