Akro Friday

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Your batting 1000, Bill!

I want a handful of corkscrews made out of that cullet left and center - got any?

somewhere ric ... :dunno: ... have 2 leroy made from grinding ... got some wild pieces left. torching can get dangerous but would like to find someone competent enuf to make some dandys out of what's left ..... bill

akro-culletmarble.jpg

cullet marble.JPG

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 4:27 PM, mibcapper said:

somewhere ric ... :dunno: ... have 2 leroy made from grinding ... got some wild pieces left. torching can get dangerous but would like to find someone competent enuf to make some dandys out of what's left ..... bill

akro-culletmarble.jpg

cullet marble.JPG

Look up joe schlemmer, aka madman marbles. He was doing cullet remelts back in 2008.

• Like 1

HAPPY AKRO FRIDAY !!

Scored my biggest piece of Akro this week, a large footed dart planter & 3 octagonal opalescent U.V. small tea set pieces no chips or flaws under $35.oo for all 4 pieces. I have a grateful Antique dealer that I've done a few favors for & now the return. Who knows, maybe I'll get some succulents & plant them, that or a cactus since the planter has no drain. No mibs this week but some from a friend on the way.

DSC03498.JPG

DSC03500.JPG

DSC03502.JPG

DSC03495.JPG

DSC03503.JPG

DSC03505.JPG

DSC03506.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chad G. said:

HAPPY AKRO FRIDAY !!

Scored my biggest piece of Akro this week, a large footed dart planter & 3 octagonal opalescent U.V. small tea set pieces no chips or flaws under $35.oo for all 4 pieces. I have a grateful Antique dealer that I've done a few favors for & now the return. Who knows, maybe I'll get some succulents & plant them, that or a cactus since the planter has no drain. No mibs this week but some from a friend on the way.

DSC03498.JPG

DSC03500.JPG

DSC03502.JPG

DSC03495.JPG

DSC03503.JPG

DSC03505.JPG

DSC03506.JPG

Nice find!! Really like the octagonals...I have a few places in my sights that I haven't been to yet that are within 60 miles or so from my home that I want to hit in the coming weeks. Hoping to find that largest one yet myself...only marbles I have seen were $14 for a baggie of 19 which I passed on. 

On 6/12/2021 at 12:54 AM, mibcapper said:

a bit late ..... :tv-062:

ox's and alley mesh 005.JPG

akro 001.jpg

canton 010.JPG

akro 016.jpg

Ohhhhh yea....

And ohhhhhh yea..thanks for the candy .....the red slags..if that what they are are exceptional 👌. That yellow with the red.....🤯

• 2 weeks later...