Akro Friday

14 minutes ago, Berryb said:

I like the transparent ones too. Who am I kiddin, I like all corks, but here are some of my favorite transparents. thanks

Bruce

cork amber yellow snake1.jpg

cork blue snake.jpg

cork bubbly1.jpg

Wow the 1st one is off the charts the other two are really nice too thanks for showing us 👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Berryb said:

I like the transparent ones too. Who am I kiddin, I like all corks, but here are some of my favorite transparents. thanks

Bruce

cork amber yellow snake1.jpg

cork blue snake.jpg

cork bubbly1.jpg

Like the 1st one Bruce...base glass red or amber?

That's what I had thought, since other than 1 1/4" blue/orange corks, it doesn't seem like Akro made marbles larger than 1", and the two largest marbles here are 1  1/8" and 1  1/16".  But Roger Hardy tells me he has dug pieces of 1" plus Akro 'slags' and that these marbles are identical to the Akro marbles he has.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Akro75 said:

Been a while since I posted, Happy Akro Friday! A lil Akro box Friday photo dump! 

5D3DE612-B8BA-4E30-A588-72BEAB6F5EF7.jpeg

6369C855-C160-40F7-8B90-E20B103EFBA4.jpeg

A0437AAB-377B-47F3-8E54-19DD1984FE6C.jpeg

4DB47B5B-5C68-4F0D-B07A-EC0021DDDD88.jpeg

933352CC-2B47-4C94-9112-89E99A748DA0.jpeg

Amazing 👏..thanks for the pictures....🤤💥💥💥💥💥😲😯😃🤯

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:24 AM, Akro75 said:

Were the coffin boxes only produced as sample boxes? I wonder if Akro just bought the left over stock from the MF Christensen supply of the travelers sample box? 

The picture had disappeared.  I dropped in to fix it.    I'll stick around for a bit join the discussion.

I don't know about which boxes Akro produced for sample or sale.  However, I will say that what I know about Akro from that time period suggests that we can't take Akro's word on being the manufacturer of the contents. Even with the fancy extra word "exclusively" added in.  

However, I also do not know what sizes Akro manufactured at the very beginning of their time in West Virginia.  They took a lot from MFC.  Did that include a higher range of marble sizes than what would eventually become their standard?  

Maybe I should know.  Should I know?  Is it in some document I've already posted and forgotten about?  

• Haha 1