Jump to content

Akro Friday


 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, akroorka said:

Stop it Chad, you are the go-to here on the board.

By the way, what is shoe grease?

Marble on my marble collecting friend.

Yes, a very nice cork!!

Marble--On!!

Hello Art,

   Shoe grease has been around for over 100 years, we used it to waterproof and protect our leather boots when I worked out in the woods chasing (setting log chokers). " Huberd's" was the go too then. I am of course from the Pacific Northwest

image.png.67350a840e587ca764394bffd2ce7b6d.png

image.png.6f6f8663d67b60fdd039e1d8ee08a303.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently acquired. 99% sure on it being Akro.. was in a bag labeled marbles dug at Akro factory I will post the bag and the others that came in the bag..

Really deep oxblood I believe...👍

Comming in at .87in 

Last pic I lit up with my flashlight...

20220916_223242.jpg

20220916_223237.jpg

20220916_223220.jpg

20220914_190634.jpg

20220914_190645.jpg

20220916_223333.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Really deep oxblood I believe...👍

 

I believe also and have a hard time believing that it was dug.

I cannot wait to see the others----

Akro cheated on these Ox patches, yours has the "Full Monty".

Nice marble Tommy!!---Very nice!!

Marble---On!!

  • Award 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2022 at 8:25 AM, William said:

1663338118230544850155355432796.jpg

16633381467026634375653591777572.jpg

16633381735116908271989144582302.jpg

16633382002658738011963440062710.jpg

16633382265672667660838639326138.jpg

16633382528722971302353843719186.jpg

16633382738982322941524100754557.jpg

Nice one William I have yet to find one that’s not damaged

 

On 9/16/2022 at 10:40 AM, mibcapper said:

...............................     :music-rocker-001:

sparklers 002.jpg

What a pair of killers there Bill Wow 🤩 

 

On 9/16/2022 at 4:19 PM, akroorka said:

I have been slacking off lately. 
I had some spare time today so what the----Hakro---LOL.
Enjoy!
Marble—On!!
 

1 final.jpg

2 final.jpg

3 final.jpg

4 final.jpg

5 final.jpg

6 final.jpg

Very nice Art that would make a perfect  Akro poster 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Recently acquired. 99% sure on it being Akro.. was in a bag labeled marbles dug at Akro factory I will post the bag and the others that came in the bag..

Really deep oxblood I believe...👍

Comming in at .87in 

Last pic I lit up with my flashlight...

20220916_223242.jpg

20220916_223237.jpg

20220916_223220.jpg

20220914_190634.jpg

20220914_190645.jpg

20220916_223333.jpg

The Ox🩸is strong 💪  in this one Tommy nice Score 

Cant wait to see what else you pull out of the bag 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

                                                                     image.png.c93ec169e94e0565854414f5c89fbe0d.png

     A piece of Akroware for this "Akro Friday" this one has the so named "Dart" design on the sides. Have a great day all, time for me to hit the hay   image.png.0c666c020903e9e9cf6a4bc791df3965.png

image.thumb.png.5ecf040a012e13bb867f7cc3475654d6.png

image.thumb.png.a69884205f6cd32a7ad6acce0009af1c.png

 

  • Like 2
  • Award 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy Akro Friday 

To be or not to be a blueberry 🫐 ade  cork here’s another one of them named marbles that i wish i would of never read about that’s all I’m going to say about that …. To me it’s just MY UV cork screw  2nd mib is a bigger patch at 11/16 base lights up a little but not enough to call it a glower 

 

1DF438DE-C924-428D-80EA-3331EA437138.jpeg

D4143A4C-6AF0-4976-B264-F806B8056AAA.jpeg

AC5A570A-BDD0-4DEC-AC18-343246DE27AA.jpeg

EB658305-EB88-4C4B-AD19-4CDC5DDFDA3B.jpeg

99F69872-3D48-4CA3-9EB3-922710073F34.jpeg

876BA5E8-7642-47E3-8D7F-2F5563B77296.jpeg

83DBDD27-0C23-44C5-A65E-A3B8F3DCF5CD.jpeg

9C0109AA-C643-4848-9225-5D1E442CF4EC.jpeg

E9579685-38BD-4C0E-8B77-5EF56BB56363.jpeg

5EA0BB84-AFC8-477E-B533-8CD6AF2F9692.jpeg

A872F8FA-33D4-44B1-A38E-5FC3BECC1059.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dave 13 said:

Happy Akro Friday 

To be or not to be a blueberry 🫐 ade  cork here’s another one of them named marbles that i wish i would of never read about that’s all I’m going to say about that …. To me it’s just MY UV cork screw  2nd mib is a bigger patch at 11/16 base lights up a little but not enough to call it a glower 

 

1DF438DE-C924-428D-80EA-3331EA437138.jpeg

D4143A4C-6AF0-4976-B264-F806B8056AAA.jpeg

AC5A570A-BDD0-4DEC-AC18-343246DE27AA.jpeg

EB658305-EB88-4C4B-AD19-4CDC5DDFDA3B.jpeg

99F69872-3D48-4CA3-9EB3-922710073F34.jpeg

876BA5E8-7642-47E3-8D7F-2F5563B77296.jpeg

83DBDD27-0C23-44C5-A65E-A3B8F3DCF5CD.jpeg

9C0109AA-C643-4848-9225-5D1E442CF4EC.jpeg

E9579685-38BD-4C0E-8B77-5EF56BB56363.jpeg

5EA0BB84-AFC8-477E-B533-8CD6AF2F9692.jpeg

A872F8FA-33D4-44B1-A38E-5FC3BECC1059.jpeg

Here's some ade pics for ya Dave, been savin em for years. Only the second patch mib is mine,  the rest of the pix I had saved in a folder. In all these years I've only had 2 Akro blueberry patches, so VVHTF @ least for me. BTW nice cork, BB ade IMO

Blueberry ade cork

 

image.png.b5e183fa51f88790759027b2f8abfcef.png

 

Blueberry ade patch

image.png.6bdac5435acacefe6ef162d2c0b82e72.png

 

Another Akro blueberry ade patch

image.thumb.png.7d6bedbf4ddbe885249f64122c67bc9c.png

 

image.png.8843699acbae40d26c6d308aac33cfff.png

  • Like 1
  • Award 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

Here's some ade pics for ya Dave, been savin em for years. Only the second patch mib is mine,  the rest of the pix I had saved in a folder. In all these years I've only had 2 Akro blueberry patches, so VVHTF @ least for me. BTW nice cork, BB ade IMO

Blueberry ade cork

 

image.png.b5e183fa51f88790759027b2f8abfcef.png

 

Blueberry ade patch

image.png.6bdac5435acacefe6ef162d2c0b82e72.png

 

Another Akro blueberry ade patch

image.thumb.png.7d6bedbf4ddbe885249f64122c67bc9c.png

 

image.png.8843699acbae40d26c6d308aac33cfff.png

Well thank you very much for sharing this info Chad 👍for some reason I could not find much info  on the BB 🫐ade unfortunately 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Dave 13 said:

Well thank you very much for sharing this info Chad 👍for some reason I could not find much info  on the BB 🫐ade unfortunately 

Took me some serious diggin Dave, I have a few more pix ?? Here's a couple links, info on them is very limited indeed, has always been that way because of their scarcity, @ least IMO.

LINK ::  https://marbleconnection.com/topic/30703-akro-friday/page/13/#comment-236201

LINK ::   https://marbleconnection.com/topic/30703-akro-friday/page/6/#comment-226943

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46106&p=337584&hilit=Akro+blueberry+ade#p337584

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46106&p=337584&hilit=Akro+blueberry+ade#p337584

 

  • Award 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prizenames, 
I am about to finish a 100 count box of them. The box came to me partially filled.
Yes, I know, two Opaque colors are needed.
 It may be time to rethink “opaque” today with big-time flash and imaging tech vs back then in the 30’s.
These all look opaque under natural light—what more can I say.
The first two are a very difficult find. I do not even know what to call the orange on the first one. The white on black—is very hard to find (actually white on transparent, very deep brown--it does look blue--what can I say, I have it in hand).
Enjoy!
 Marble—On!!
 

1 final.jpg

2 final.jpg

3 final.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Took me some serious diggin Dave, I have a few more pix ?? Here's a couple links, info on them is very limited indeed, has always been that way because of their scarcity, @ least IMO.

LINK ::  https://marbleconnection.com/topic/30703-akro-friday/page/13/#comment-236201

LINK ::   https://marbleconnection.com/topic/30703-akro-friday/page/6/#comment-226943

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46106&p=337584&hilit=Akro+blueberry+ade#p337584

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46106&p=337584&hilit=Akro+blueberry+ade#p337584

 

Hi Chad,  cool thanks again for more information some good reading and pics to go though 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, akroorka said:

Prizenames, 
I am about to finish a 100 count box of them. The box came to me partially filled.
Yes, I know, two Opaque colors are needed.
 It may be time to rethink “opaque” today with big-time flash and imaging tech vs back then in the 30’s.
These all look opaque under natural light—what more can I say.
The first two are a very difficult find. I do not even know what to call the orange on the first one. The white on black—is very hard to find (actually white on transparent, very deep brown--it does look blue--what can I say, I have it in hand).
Enjoy!
 Marble—On!!
 

1 final.jpg

2 final.jpg

3 final.jpg

Some killer colour combos there Art 👍I’d like to see and I’m positive other would like to see that 100 count Prizename Akro box when your finished 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dave 13 said:

I agree Tommy 🤯 I’m sure we would all like to see Bill’s marble room in person 🤩 I’d tape my chin to my nose to keep my jaw off the floor lol  killer mibs Bill  thanks for sharing with us !!! 

I'll need a bucket for the drool....🤤

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...