Akro Friday

Yes, I'm waiting to see the beavers @ the hardware store buying life jackets & flotation devises.

I'll send more pix of old Mcbeaver floatin around after it really gets nasty.  Two years ago we had dead salmon and steelhead in the hay fields that got stranded when the water went down after the rivers flooded, I've even seen them crossing the highway when the culverts get plugged with logs. This is the Skokomish river, the only place on a U.S. highway there is a "SLOW FISH CROSSING " highway sign.

Skokomish river floods, happens almost every year, Salmon crossing the highway, no poles needed here !!

Video

Well I looked outside this morning & yes, the "Pineapple Express" had arrived, it was raining pineapples. There were already a few victims of dreaded the weather event lying on the ground !!

image.png.3544160f23dd0d455eedfcc5b0b94823.png

Since this is the Akro Friday thread it's only fair I post a few Akro Not my pix but some very nice orangeade patches, not to easy to find this color ade patch, these also appear to be same run, they were bought together in a lot. Pix courtesy of Paula on the AAM forum

334.PNG

333.PNG

335.PNG

On 2/21/2021 at 11:42 AM, Chad G. said:

Yes, I'm waiting to see the beavers @ the hardware store buying life jackets & flotation devises.

I'll send more pix of old Mcbeaver floatin around after it really gets nasty.  Two years ago we had dead salmon and steelhead in the hay fields that got stranded when the water went down after the rivers flooded, I've even seen them crossing the highway when the culverts get plugged with logs. This is the Skokomish river, the only place on a U.S. highway there is a "SLOW FISH CROSSING " highway sign.

Skokomish river floods, happens almost every year, Salmon crossing the highway, no poles needed here !!

Video

Insane wow that is something I've never seen lol🤣

"Thanks Tommy" I knew everyone would like it, when I tell people about it that don't live around here they never believe me, well this is no doctored up cg vid. it's the real deal. Right now it rained so hard last night and today there's standing water wherever you look. the "Pineapple Express" started dumping yesterday, a few momentary breaks and that's it, nothing but a solid downpour. Oop !! more mibs !! A mixed bag of super delicious goodies, for the Akro in us all. Some repeats but all mmm, mmm good !!

280.JPG

281.JPG

366.PNG

On 2/22/2021 at 4:34 PM, Chad G. said:

"Thanks Tommy" I knew everyone would like it, when I tell people about it that don't live around here they never believe me, well this is no doctored up cg vid. it's the real deal. Right now it rained so hard last night and today there's standing water wherever you look. the "Pineapple Express" started dumping yesterday, a few momentary breaks and that's it, nothing but a solid downpour. Oop !! more mibs !! A mixed bag of super delicious goodies, for the Akro in us all. Some repeats but all mmm, mmm good !!

280.JPG

281.JPG

366.PNG

Delicious 😋 

Grrr !! Another Akro Friday just bought some more corks & a few pieces of Akro ware & some Chiquita cups & other assorted dishes, have pics but still waiting on my bud Craig, I'm quite IT (Tech ) disabled and really need to learn to do it myself & before you ask I don't have a cell to take pics with, just the Sony camcorder I've had for the past 10 years, talk about aggravating.

3 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I realize it's not Friday but I jus loaded my pics.  A black, cream & yellow cork. Better late than never, I'll save the rest & spread em out a little this time.

x.PNG

xx.PNG

Sweet mib brother. 👍