Vitro with Oxblood?

Leigh

Yeah, Oxblood is lighter and more "rusty" colored for lack of a better word, and is just on the surface.  Yesterday I saw section in this forum where there were photographs and quite a number of good examples of Oxblood but I can't seem to locate it this morning to provide a link!

34 minutes ago, chicagocyclist said:

Found the images.....these are super examples of oxblood and well photographed. 

Thank you! I tried to take a couple more photos in better light for where I thought there might be o blood.

20220809_121917.jpg

20220809_121332.jpg

This is all that I can say. If this marble was in my possession I would call it a Vitro with Oxblood. I would be hard pressed to call it anything else.
Whether it was intentional or not is another thing. MKs and Pelts among others show up with “unintentional” oxblood striping or blotches of Oxblood. It is just the way of the world in the marble making industry. 
Finding oxblood like this is a bonus and a cool thing to find.
That is a very cool marble for sure.
Marble—On!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, akroorka said:

This is all that I can say. If this marble was in my possession I would call it a Vitro with Oxblood. I would be hard pressed to call it anything else.
Whether it was intentional or not is another thing. MKs and Pelts among others show up with “unintentional” oxblood striping or blotches of Oxblood. It is just the way of the world in the marble making industry. 
Finding oxblood like this is a bonus and a cool thing to find.
That is a very cool marble for sure.
Marble—On!!

• Like 1

Here's a pic of an Akro Blue oxblood w/ the darkest example of oxblood I have, looks almost identical to the ox in the OP IMO. Where's that butter monkey at ??

image.png.84a614b3f6935863ce969e18a3dd72ae.png

• Like 2

I’ll kick the can here. Bricks and Akro’s Oxblood are the only true Oxbloods. Oxblood is truly Akro’s KFC’s secret recipe. It’s my understanding that “moles” tried to steal Akro’s formula to make Oxblood. Fact or fiction I’m sure we’ll hear from them soon. I think the guy at Akro was named CJ Fielder or something close to that. 🔥

23 hours ago, chicagocyclist said:

Gosh, I'd love to get this marble in hand.  It's still just not feeling like the very surface thin Oxblood and the color doesn't seem quite right to the last photo.  Hmmm.

I will try to take a few better photos that show the oxblood!