No clue on this crazy one 5/8 size

Dave 13

44 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I don't even know how to turn a cell phone on and off ??

Well, I do admit that I have a Tracfone flip phone--LOL but I only use it when my wife is on a trip--traveling I mean--lol.

Smart phone no--they waste way too much marble money. Landline yes---OOMA rocks and blocks.

Marble--On!!

2 hours ago, Dave 13 said:

I was looking though the Pennsboro Alley dug mibs and there are some with similar colour but I’m years away from figuring out WVS lol 

I think that you may have it there my marble collecting friend, good research.

I am glad to help you look in the right direction even though I was bedazzled and will continue to be by WVS.

A simple stab in the WVS dark by me.

I try---and fail---but still try and learn from every failure and success.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Well, I hit enter one too many times-- and I could not delete it---why waste a post?

Here is one that has nothing whatsoever to do with the OP. A peewee Champion.

Time to quit tonight!!

Enjoy!!

Marble--On!!

final.jpg

Beauty !!

On 9/2/2022 at 3:53 PM, Dave 13 said:

Hi I got no clue on this one I think it’s a least  a WV swirl 5/8 size thx for looking 

1A6EC1CB-6D3E-4911-BED6-E53D728F4434.jpeg

30442B9A-9CF6-489B-9BFA-6BCA78CEAECE.jpeg

C87F8DB4-2575-4361-923D-51F5131CE91D.jpeg

17AA29E6-F113-4FB6-97A6-8DCDF28B7B43.jpeg

13C91CC1-4A18-43C9-B28A-2EACC0165ACF.jpeg

8A18A6FD-E5E3-494B-A0BC-108F4BAC27E0.jpeg

Tough all these days with all the Jabo/Dave M. and stuff they're making these days. However, I am pretty sure I've seen one like it before all those runs, like early TOC. Back then though, I would have thought to be an Akro. Akro made plenty interesting swirls but, I decided to rule out Akro then and expect these days; given all the all known dug-ups it's an Alley or Ravenswood in the WV category. Pretty cool as long as, ( not to beat up on Jabo),  it's not Jabo but an oldy and a goody. Coke bottle green transparent, I do have 1 single big shooter, Akro Oxblood and yellow with coke bottle transparent but it's a dug-up and folded verses swirl. I was trying to photograph it yesterday but, still no luck getting decent photos.  Never seen another Akro with coke bottle green before or after. However, as it's probably or usually a transparent color that's most likely to be from cutlet then, I think this answer my come from whoever, in WV did use Coke bottle colored cutlet to make marbles? On mine, Akro might have been slumming when made.😆  Oh yeah; here's one similar and same transparent color as well. that sold on eBay who knows when. the seller's best guess was Ravenswood, but yet wasn't totally sure:

Vintage Ravenswood Swirl Marbles Oxblood 11/16" Wow! | #35365608 (worthpoint.com)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff54 said:

Tough all these days with all the Jabo/Dave M. and stuff they're making these days. However, I am pretty sure I've seen one like it before all those runs, like early TOC. Back then though, I would have thought to be an Akro. Akro made plenty interesting swirls but, I decided to rule out Akro then and expect these days; given all the all known dug-ups it's an Alley or Ravenswood in the WV category. Pretty cool as long as, ( not to beat up on Jabo),  it's not Jabo but an oldy and a goody. Coke bottle green transparent, I do have 1 single big shooter, Akro Oxblood and yellow with coke bottle transparent but it's a dug-up and folded verses swirl. I was trying to photograph it yesterday but, still no luck getting decent photos.  Never seen another Akro with coke bottle green before or after. However, as it's probably or usually a transparent color that's most likely to be from cutlet then, I think this answer my come from whoever, in WV did use Coke bottle colored cutlet to make marbles? On mine, Akro might have been slumming when made.😆  Oh yeah; here's one similar and same transparent color as well. that sold on eBay who knows when. the seller's best guess was Ravenswood, but yet wasn't totally sure:

Vintage Ravenswood Swirl Marbles Oxblood 11/16" Wow! | #35365608 (worthpoint.com)

Thanks for having a look Jeff 👍 with the input from you and everyone else i think we’re down to WV at least, the old auction pic you show is similar thanks for that  hopefully you get that Akro to give you a few good pics of it , it would be cool to see it 

1 hour ago, ann said:

I didn`t think Akro made swirls.

Oh, Akro made plenty of swirls.

They may have been intended as Corkscrews but some of the models (oxblood) just did not behave and turned out to be quite nice.

Most of the Akro Milkies are swirls for sure

Milky final.jpg

17 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

99DD08C3-CA29-4F88-BF0C-16D69A9048FE.thumb.jpeg.75b00a574f49f879f0d663a0151886fb.jpegDifferent transparent green with brown and white ones in the bottom left group.  These are likely Alleys but I am not 100 percent

Hi thanks for posting some similar mibs 👍 and they are the closest I’ve seen pics of ,so I’m happy calling mine likely Alley ,thanks again for your help trying to nail down the maker 

14 hours ago, akroorka said:

Oh, Akro made plenty of swirls.

They may have been intended as Corkscrews but some of the models (oxblood) just did not behave and turned out to be quite nice.

Most of the Akro Milkies are swirls for sure

Milky final.jpg

Yeah, 1928 and possibly a year or two earlier, they would be Akro's greatest accomplishment, as far as we know. 

There is advertising promoting in 28 so, I mean, I would consider there's not, simply, just one verity. It wasn't marbles but bottles and gob feeders as, it was 1918 when bottles were manufactured as a single unit and were no longer 2 pieces joined at the neck. A lot was going on in the glass manufacturing industry. 

Interesting: your first photo is sure looking hand-gathered? I would be, if I had one like it, scrutinizing every detail to answer that question. I mean, like, for how many years nobody expected that the H-G's would be dug in Clarksburg. All that time Roger Harty had been exploring that site and others. . I have since seen enough on-line where; they were out there before the dig. Some that were played with, we'd been looking straight at em, just never knew it.  Some are so complicated, not easy to see the H-G swirl. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

99DD08C3-CA29-4F88-BF0C-16D69A9048FE.thumb.jpeg.75b00a574f49f879f0d663a0151886fb.jpegDifferent transparent green with brown and white ones in the bottom left group.  These are likely Alleys but I am not 100 percent

Not necessarily all Alley's in your photo Nantucket. I see one slag in purple, and maybe a green or two. Plus, I have a bag of Alox that are transparent swirls in the same color slags were made. So, it ain't so easy to name who did what or match colors. 

3 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

Not necessarily all Alley's in your photo Nantucket. I see one slag in purple, and maybe a green or two. Plus, I have a bag of Alox that are transparent swirls in the same color slags were made. So, it ain't so easy to name who did what or match colors. 

Just sharing some marbles with similar colors.  Here are some Vacor30628FC8-2B4F-4506-8DEC-2352BFFBD160.thumb.jpeg.b2a20e4b0f971f9f107fe4555309c132.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

JABO Alpha and Omega examples.  Closest JABOs taking into consideration size, pattern, and colors6573719C-26D1-4206-932B-AC02200B2BD4.thumb.jpeg.afd3e0298747b7ea10992716c58e79f7.jpeg

Hi thanks for taking the time to post similar mibs from different makers much appreciated 👍we all know it takes time to photograph mibs,  this is a good learning tool and should help others ID some swirls that there not sure about 

37 minutes ago, Dave 13 said:

Hi thanks for taking the time to post similar mibs from different makers much appreciated 👍we all know it takes time to photograph mibs,  this is a good learning tool and should help others ID some swirls that there not sure about 

I wil second that with a hardy thanks for the hard work as well!

Marble--On!!

• Like 1