Let’s play the Blurry game!

Fire1981

7 hours ago, Steph said:

Blurry_001q_b.jpg

Blurry_001o_b.jpg

Blurry_001t_b.jpg

That orange, gives it away, if you own one, add the tunnel and size: it's a German double tunnel. Yet you can't see the tunnel on the reverse side. If you hadn't known it yet;  look a little closer Steph, should see another tunnel on the darker side with a loop facing the orange side. 

And,  while I don't mean to change or interrupt the topic,; I have been wondering for quite some time; if Winnie had matched them in or from veggyglass too?

Because, in this photo ( Taken over ten years ago so, forget exactly how many doubles) below there are 4 or 5 Double Tunnels, the rest are Veggy's and it all came as a group from Germany. And while GB antik says; the striped are pre 1939, I say: Colors, including your orange: 'Feel like', (  in my photo; the red, white and blue, light green and white, orange and violet and the blue and white) 40-60's and that time frame would fit with Veggy.

1086613408_Veiliglasandstripedtransparentswholegroupfoundtogeather.jpg.0c672a5112dbc7777a4767a579598332.jpg

7 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

That orange, gives it away, if you own one, add the tunnel and size: it's a German double tunnel. Yet you can't see the tunnel on the reverse side. If you hadn't known it yet;  look a little closer Steph, should see another tunnel on the darker side with a loop facing the orange side. 

And,  while I don't mean to change or interrupt the topic,; I have been wondering for quite some time; if Winnie had matched them in or from veggyglass too?

Because, in this photo ( Taken over ten years ago so, forget exactly how many doubles) below there are 4 or 5 Double Tunnels, the rest are Veggy's and it all came as a group from Germany. And while GB antik says; the striped are pre 1939, I say: Colors, including your orange: 'Feel like', (  in my photo; the red, white and blue, light green and white, orange and violet and the blue and white) 40-60's and that time frame would fit with Veggy.

1086613408_Veiliglasandstripedtransparentswholegroupfoundtogeather.jpg.0c672a5112dbc7777a4767a579598332.jpg

:thup: 

I can't be sure -- swiss cheese memory --  but I don't remember seeing any indication that this seamed marble style came from the Veiligglas factory. 

No - and I remember Winnie was sure they were German. So was the German guy I got some of my nicest ones from in a trade (two peewee onionskins w/ mica, for every German he had). He even requested that I always keep a big, worn, and slightly chipped green one because it was his favorite "player" when he was a kid! So it has an honored place with me.

• Like 1

Nice one Steph, especially with that color shift in it. I don't remember seeing it before.

Ok here's one that shouldn't be too hard, just a bad pic I had on file but I have the second shot which was focused to show as well.  Fun game idea Fire, I like a challenge.

image.thumb.jpeg.a7220e32c55c66408159cd2db47d0e51.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steph said:

:thup: 

I can't be sure -- swiss cheese memory --  but I don't remember seeing any indication that this seamed marble style came from the Veiligglas factory. 

Whelp, that's too bad as I'd hoped; whenever she first showed up, it would happen. Regardless, on the bright side, unless you're a Green Bay Packers fan, you should be able to retain: 'It's a Double Tunnel' now. 😀

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

Whelp, that's too bad as I'd hoped; whenever she first showed up, it would happen. Regardless, on the bright side, unless you're a Green Bay Packers fan, you should be able to retain: 'It's a Double Tunnel' now. 😀

:lol: Swiss Cheesehead, that's me.  ;) 

• Haha 1

image.png.58aceaacd9b854940ed700ab4170eeee.png

Dope !! now I gotta take some Blurry pix, will probably be tomorrow mornin, almost midnight now. "Good grief"  just tried to get some quick blurry pix but the Sony Handycam I use for all my pix has an auto focus function I'm gonna have to work on turnin off. Went to the menu, no such animal, I'm sure there's a way to disable it (maybe?)  Now I'll be @ this all night till I get it figured out !!

12 : 20 Finally figured out how to disable the auto focus, now it's so blurry you can't even tell there's a marble there, I never thought it would be this hard to take a "Blurry" shot. Didn't have any trouble doing it when I was trying to take a good one ?? I'll have something for ya by morning.

Well, best I could do, had to bang off a bunch of pix quick to keep the auto focus from adjusting, yea I couldn't shut it down all the way. So a clue w/ the first pic ::  This only comes in a Pee-Wee !! I hope this isn't to easy ??

image.thumb.png.6362a2790796cc634eb5bdfaa0edc670.png

The clue I was thinking I saw was what looks like fire inside ... on the bottom of the marble.

But only comes in peewee ... no that does not make it easy for me!  

Hmmmm .... 

*heads out to look for head-scratching emoticon*

7 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Well, best I could do, had to bang off a bunch of pix quick to keep the auto focus from adjusting, yea I couldn't shut it down all the way. So a clue w/ the first pic ::  This only comes in a Pee-Wee !! I hope this isn't to easy ??

image.thumb.png.6362a2790796cc634eb5bdfaa0edc670.png

"only in peewee" could mean Peltier ..... 

19 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Hmm, yes it could  !!

Google is telling me to try words such as "sunflower" and "mustard and relish".  

But I'm going at this blind.  Never heard of these as pelt names before 90 seconds ago.

• Wow 1

Dope !! Steph got it, I knew the "Pee-wee" clue was to much, yes a Peltier "Mustard & Relish" sometimes referred to as a "Sunflower" Next time "no clues" drat, that didn't last long.  

Well below the 1/2" .50 inch pee-wee mark, an unexpected gift from a generous marble Sister.

Good grief, I just Googled "Peltier Sweet pea" , pix of the same marble from "Worthpoint" ?? no such animal, @ least not from Pelt. Went to AAM and all the sweet pea references are to vitro, so not wanting to cause any further confusion between "Vitro" & "Peltier" manufactured mibs. I've always known this marble as "Mustard & Relish" I'm stickin to the known I.D.

LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19291&p=154764&hilit=peltier+mustard+relish#p154764

image.thumb.png.544e920f83ce589f5991e2bf422feaed.png

image.png.336189ea0f3e30478ea6026c5bf3da36.png

23 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

pix of the same marble from "Worthpoint" ??

Yes, I suck at names---and research---today at least--LOL
There are no Pelt "Sweat Peas". 
I do like eating Crow--Yummm! Especially from Chad, he serves it up with style.
Marble—On my friends!!

20 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Yes, I suck at names---and research---today at least--LOL
There are no Pelt "Sweat Peas". 
I do like eating Crow--Yummm! Especially from Chad, he serves it up with style.
Marble—On my friends!!

Not your fault Art, I Googled it and Worthpoint showed it as being a Pelt "Sweet pea" I would've done the same as you. The Pelt "Mustard & Relish" isn't common, in fact VVHTF, never marketed, in fact the ones surviving are referred to by some Peltheads as  "lunchbox" marbles, not to be confused w/ the Akro marble Bill   @mibcapper  named "Lunchbox"