Anyone into marble pouches?

akroorka

I collect pouches—well because I rebuild boxes. I jumped on this one recently –just because it rang some bells. 
I cannot find it or ID it. It is a “Rubberized” fake leather. These usually flake off with age and heat. This one is not too shabby. The back is the best of course.
I think that it may be from a “Master Made” box. 
I may be losing it after all. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks and Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Thanks for the jobber box tip. 
I found it. It is from a rare un-marked (name wise) box, so I do not feel too bad about my memory today. I found three that are close with the same wording on similar pouches in the “Rosenthal jobber boxes”.
Here is a link to AAM
https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3613&start=50
And one image from a Grist book.

Marble--On!!

Final.JPG

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Akro75 said:

I always thought that box came with Pelts

Here is the odd thing. 
These are the marbles that came with the pouch. The exact number that came with the box and I do believe that they are all “Master Made”. 
Three clearies came long for the ride and they look vintage as well.
I am writing the seller as I speak—lol. I do not mind a beat up box at all.

Marble--On!!

The marbles.JPG

10 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Is the red and gray one a common marble bag a kid could buy 🔥

Yes,

That theme has been repeated on pouches with the smooth side of the leather out and on some artificial leathers as well.
I like the one with the simple circle, nothing fancy—just “enuf said” with one simple image on the outside.
It is pretty cool to have one that you grandmother made for you, a real keeper that one.
Marble—On!!

Thanks Al,

I have been pursuing a box like this for years.

Even needing rebuilding they are out of shot for me and I have bid on some pretty shabby ones😁.

I do believe that Akros came in these, other makers marbles as well. An earlier Jobber box for sure just like the “Rosenthal jobber boxes”. They carried a few differernt makers as well.

I wonder who marketed the nameless one that you show.

Marble--On!!

Well, 
I have a lot of pouches in storage and I was digging today and found this one—pretty cool imho.
I knew that The OP rang some bells. I like this one better. I do not recall this color in a box but I bet that it was----or will be if I can help it.
Marble—On!!

Green one.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

Don't collect them per se but have ended up with quite a few over the years

Show them if you have them, I would love to see them.

I will give an opinion if you like. I love em. And have researched them for years.

You show yours and I will show mine-love it!

Pouches on!!!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 3:35 PM, Akro75 said:

Exactly, from Grist’s book. I have that box, mine came with a different pouch….I always thought that box came with Pelts, but who knows 

Just realized that I have the green printed version, I have mine filled with pelts, but maybe I should go with Akros! 

18 hours ago, Akro75 said:

Ok, this one is old and beaten up, but I like it and haven’t seen anything like it….definitely early 30’s?? It measures 6” x 4.5” ….what do you think akroorka? 

This is a nice one and I have seen it recently during the search on the OP, I will do some more digging. 
This type did show up in Akro “Gift boxes” usually without any stamp like yours shows (rare). I looked and could not come up with it---maybe a “Akro Ringer” gift set is where I saw it, I am not really sure though.
It is a keeper for sure. Brittle as it may be, put it in the fridge (who cares if it smells like onions). Check it out next spring and continue on with a possibility of it being more pliable—then try getting it straightened out with a slight press between two heavy objects(books). It does take some time.
Marble-On!!

19 hours ago, browncat73 said:

Sweet bags! What kind of boxes do you build?

I start with boxes like image one, most are in worst shape for sure. I purchased it just for the dividers but I am re-thinking that. 
I rebuild/restore nasty original boxes of any kind or make.
The only boxes that I ever “made” are images two and three. My wife likes them so I keep them. The bottom says it all as far as I am concerned—even back then (I did not measure much back then—LOL).
Marble-On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

23 hours ago, Akro75 said:

Just realized that I have the green printed version, I have mine filled with pelts, but maybe I should go with Akros! 

I have seen the Op with large yellow zig zaggy stitches on the edges in Peltier Boxes---just sayin!!

Marble--On!!