I'm going to be Spitting for next couple O days Ian's looking for me.

Jeff54

I  as in Irma and now IAN;gonna be quite busy the next couple of daz getting prepared or weeks if it gets close enough. Irma took power out for near two weeks but I do have Gas generator so, it ain't gonna squat me completely yet no A/C is seriously bad for me and especially wife with her Cronic COPD. . Waz-sup wit the 'I's chasing my butt? 😁

I hear ya. I've been through a couple of 'canes myself, having lived in Florida for almost half my life, with a few years of New Orleans mixed in there. 

My mother, before she passed, resided in Lake City. I still have a little sister down there in Jacksonville and my father lives in Pearl River, Louisiana (on the north shore of Lake Ponchatrain)

Just saw on CNN that it could possibly hit as a Category 4....stay safe 👍

Spit! We're reluctantly, riding this one out. It's after 11 Am it was due 3 hours ago but, and luckily still have power, but probably not much longer, with eye ring of 155 MPH splitting hairs at about 30 miles west of us, as it moves northeast. That keeps us away from the eye but not far enough where my area should be lights out within the hour. It should mean I won't be around for a few days yet never expected i'd see power now. .  So in the mean-time, , I'm thinking, maybe that's what or how the doors actually got their inspiration for this:  🤪

• Care 1

I watched it all morning, Jeff. STAY SAFE. Not so sure about those folks that are choosing too ride it out on their boats in the harbors down there. Especially in the wind/storm surge bullseye, where storm surge could be 12-16 feet above normal levels. Hopefully it's not boats on top of boats!

Fingers crossed and prayers for safety for my Floridian family and friends 🙏

Un real, we still have power! 2 weeks ago our 60+ foot palm tree got hit by lighting and blew the top off., the pool is getting ready to overfill and getting trashed by Debree. Oh yeah forgot, Irma decided we didn't need our pool cage, unless we can toss $35k at it. Errr. In front the bamboo is getting it, even broke some tops and below it, the water is up to the street. Here's what's happening now: Photos below the time we're having: the Fun, fun, fun! The party is just getting started B/C it's going to get worse during the next 6 hours.  Weee! 😅

P9280202.thumb.JPG.cd28a57b402463a3c1bcb26097d11394.JPGP9280202.thumb.JPG.cd28a57b402463a3c1bcb26097d11394.JPGP9280197.thumb.JPG.f7f3b6e1d8cd078c5120817dd5c8006d.JPGP9280198.thumb.JPG.0e9a2d143b77ba996ebc60b94cbc7d05.JPG

• Wow 1

Wow, record rainfall too the tune of 12-16 inches in some places within a 24 hour period...or less. The type of rainfall they describe as "500-1,000 year events", meaning you might see this once in that time span. Wow, wow, wow.

Still have I think 2.5 million people without power, with two counties that are totally off the grid and requiring total infrastructure rebuild. 

Storm surge unlike any ever seen down there. I guess Fort Myers began measuring such a thing in 1965, with it's biggest measurement being over 3 feet. They topped 7 feet in this. Not sure where their post office is located, but the mayor of Fort Myers said in correspondence with CNN that he was looking at around a 4 foot tall waterline on that building.

Prayers too my friends and relatives down there. Stay safe as you come forth from shelter or as you head back home from where you evacuated from. 🙏👍

My sympathies to all in it`s path. I grew up in Eastern N.C. when it was known as "Hurricane Alley," (Hazel, then next year Connie, Dianne, & Ione in one six-week period), plus Donna and others. Then I moved to Florida. Oh boy.

And now . . . I`m in the infamous rain bands of Ian. Eye keeping west and south of me, fortunately, and it looks like we may get some rain flooding but not storm surge - it`s not forcast to blow Pamlico Sound onshore from the south, which is good considering I live one street back from the water, at 2 feet above sea level. But it`s going to be an interesting day.

1 hour ago, ann said:

And now . . . I`m in the infamous rain bands of Ian. Eye keeping west and south of me, fortunately, and it looks like we may get some rain flooding but not storm surge - it`s not forcast to blow Pamlico Sound onshore from the south, which is good considering I live one street back from the water, at 2 feet above sea level. But it`s going to be an interesting day.

STILL, stay safe Ann....

Whelp, that was fun, not. Broken branches, shredded leaves and pool full of stuff. There's no Fall like season down here but the trees are lacking 60-70% of their leaves now.  I think we only got up to 130 MPH winds. The eye of the storm went just beside and above to where it missed us by, IDK about 10-15 miles. Really lucky that we got power back on in only 52 hours. Trying to catch up with the mess is hardest part. 

1980, wood frame and vinyl siding, it's the 4th time in 42 years a hurricane has hit it. The big bad wolf huffed, and he puffed, but couldn't blow this old house away. 

• Care 1

42 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

Whelp, that was fun, not. Broken branches, shredded leaves and pool full of stuff. There's no Fall like season down here but the trees are lacking 60-70% of their leaves now.  I think we only got up to 130 MPH winds. The eye of the storm went just beside and above to where it missed us by, IDK about 10-15 miles. Really lucky that we got power back on in only 52 hours. Trying to catch up with the mess is hardest part. 

1980, wood frame and vinyl siding, it's the 4th time in 42 years a hurricane has hit it. The big bad wolf huffed, and he puffed, but couldn't blow this old house away. 

Sorry for your misfortune but very glad it wasn’t worse!

Hello, Jeff! I have been following CNN daily since I posted here on your thread last. Having been through a couple of hurricanes myself, I can only imagine being in one as wicked as Ian was.

Glad yourself and yours are safe 👍 Thought about my family and friends, of course you included, everyday, even now as I write this. Prayers steadily coming everyone's way from up here in Minnesota 🙏