New to American Marbles

Rolf1980

Hello,

My name is Rolf from Kreuzlingen, Switzerland. I have all of my grandfather's and father's handmade Germans and other European collectible marbles from their respective childhoods. They fascinate me.  I am currently living in Northern Virginia working on a government contract. I am a Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer.

I enjoy ice hockey, speed skating, cross country and downhill skiing and snowboarding. 

I started collecting American marbles about a year ago when I came across a collector at a flea market and have purchased many I really like. The ones I find most interesting are Peltier, Alley and Akro; however, I have purchased others because I liked them. I have purchased many American Marble ID books. Some simply are not in the books and I need help with ID's. I would also like to show pictures of some of my purchases because American made marbles are beautiful and to make sure I am correct.

Thank you in advance for any assistance. 

Rolf Schmidt

Welcome Rolf,

Please feel free to post in the ID section.

There are a number of European collectors that frequent this sight and they can help with many that you may have found in your home country.

Post two or three marbles at a time and take multiple shots of the marble. Size is important as well.

We all love a good ID ask here and look forward to you participation.

Once again a most hardy welcome and of course---

Marble--On!!

Thank you. I know what my European ones are, my father and grandfather were both in engineering and kept copious records, even receipts. They are still at my home because wrapping them all for a two-to-three-year project was not feasible. I will take some display pictures to show when I get a break and can go back. I have had so many offers on the rarer ones; however, too many memories of being told to look but do not touch. I truly appreciate the help with my new American ones. I was told this forum, and another were the best for serious collectors. I like that Marble on! Thank you for a warm welcome. Rolf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...