Jump to content

Have ideas, but need help


marblenewbie
 Share

Recommended Posts

The left one looks foreign to me, the center does look like an Akro Corkscrew, and the third looks like a JABO to me too - cut-lines do appear on them sometimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ric said:

The left one looks foreign to me, the center does look like an Akro Corkscrew, and the third looks like a JABO to me too - cut-lines do appear on them sometimes.

X2 the one one the right may be an Akro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

@akroorka I'd be surprised to see transparent red on a near peewee Akro but I sure haven't seen them all.

You are right one Ric--under 5/8" for an Akro is just a rare thing to find until later in the history of the company. Akro did sell double zero marbles but I have yet to see a box marked as such other than game marbles.
Finding a 9/16", or a 00 sized Akro corkscrew or "older patch" is not a common thing for me--maybe one in a thousand.
I hunt for 9/16" Akros--not an easy find, if ever you want a trade, this will do it for me. 
I keep all 9/16" Akros aside because I have an end-game for them--regardless of the condition.
The more common "Oxblood Patches" (white based) that we are all very familiar with are more often than not found at 9/16" rather than 5/8". I have often wondered if these were not Master Glass vs Akro----times will tell.
I just love this stuff.
Marble--On!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, akroorka said:

You are right one Ric--under 5/8" for an Akro is just a rare thing to find until later in the history of the company. Akro did sell double zero marbles but I have yet to see a box marked as such other than game marbles.
Finding a 9/16", or a 00 sized Akro corkscrew or "older patch" is not a common thing for me--maybe one in a thousand.
I hunt for 9/16" Akros--not an easy find, if ever you want a trade, this will do it for me. 
I keep all 9/16" Akros aside because I have an end-game for them--regardless of the condition.
The more common "Oxblood Patches" (white based) that we are all very familiar with are more often than not found at 9/16" rather than 5/8". I have often wondered if these were not Master Glass vs Akro----times will tell.
I just love this stuff.
Marble--On!!

Oh boy, I'll have to look in my Akro stash - I set the small ones aside too. I'll see what I can dig up but it may take a while, I have more marbles than I know what to do with and finding them could take awhile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, akroorka said:

The more common "Oxblood Patches" (white based) that we are all very familiar with are more often than not found at 9/16" rather than 5/8". I have often wondered if these were not Master Glass vs Akro----times will tell.
 

These? I've seen them in the original 100 count Akro box. I think it even stated their size on the box as well. 

DSCN0796.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cheese said:

These? I've seen them in the original 100 count Akro box. I think it even stated their size on the box as well. 

 

Yep--those. If you have a box-----measure them.

Marble--On!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jzoook6 said:

These babies are .50/ .51--- @marblenewbie Does the right one have yellow under that red?

 

Akro put a pee-wee with every Popeye box that they sold as far as I have been able to research. 
They were all patches as far as my research has gone.
Very similar to yours.
Marble—On!!
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...