Have ideas, but need help

marblenewbie

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

@akroorka I'd be surprised to see transparent red on a near peewee Akro but I sure haven't seen them all.

You are right one Ric--under 5/8" for an Akro is just a rare thing to find until later in the history of the company. Akro did sell double zero marbles but I have yet to see a box marked as such other than game marbles.
Finding a 9/16", or a 00 sized Akro corkscrew or "older patch" is not a common thing for me--maybe one in a thousand.
I hunt for 9/16" Akros--not an easy find, if ever you want a trade, this will do it for me. 
I keep all 9/16" Akros aside because I have an end-game for them--regardless of the condition.
The more common "Oxblood Patches" (white based) that we are all very familiar with are more often than not found at 9/16" rather than 5/8". I have often wondered if these were not Master Glass vs Akro----times will tell.
I just love this stuff.
Marble--On!!

4 minutes ago, akroorka said:

You are right one Ric--under 5/8" for an Akro is just a rare thing to find until later in the history of the company. Akro did sell double zero marbles but I have yet to see a box marked as such other than game marbles.
Finding a 9/16", or a 00 sized Akro corkscrew or "older patch" is not a common thing for me--maybe one in a thousand.
I hunt for 9/16" Akros--not an easy find, if ever you want a trade, this will do it for me. 
I keep all 9/16" Akros aside because I have an end-game for them--regardless of the condition.
The more common "Oxblood Patches" (white based) that we are all very familiar with are more often than not found at 9/16" rather than 5/8". I have often wondered if these were not Master Glass vs Akro----times will tell.
I just love this stuff.
Marble--On!!

Oh boy, I'll have to look in my Akro stash - I set the small ones aside too. I'll see what I can dig up but it may take a while, I have more marbles than I know what to do with and finding them could take awhile.

16 minutes ago, akroorka said:

These? I've seen them in the original 100 count Akro box. I think it even stated their size on the box as well. 

DSCN0796.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jzoook6 said:

These babies are .50/ .51--- @marblenewbie Does the right one have yellow under that red?

Akro put a pee-wee with every Popeye box that they sold as far as I have been able to research. 
They were all patches as far as my research has gone.
Very similar to yours.
Marble—On!!

• Like 1