I've been telling people this is an mf Christensen

chocomibs

I don't think I have ever seen that kind of yellow on a MFC. Does it look like there is a pontil on the other side of the marble (opposite the "9")?

A few different views might help - my first impression is it that it's from across the pond somewhere.

• Like 1

It is a very cool and intriguing marble but these types are definitely not my strong suit and I really have no idea where it came from. It looks hand-gathered though and the colors remind me of many Czech marbles I've seen.

Could we see a straight on shot of this area?

image.png.9539537a2075a1cde96255338b32ac29.png

No guarantee that it will help me much though. 🙂

it was an assumption from the 9 looking swirl and nobody corrected me yet is what it boils down to. Kind of just using it colloquially. I've been going off books and trading to learn about this for some time now and I hit a wall on some ids. Someone else just told me last night it's a Canadian transitional, they seemed v knowledgeable about it. Another new one for me

9 hours ago, wvrons said:

Why are you telling people it is a MFC ? 

5 minutes ago, chocomibs said:

Someone else just told me last night it's a Canadian transitional, they seemed v knowledgeable about it . . .

A Canadian transitional would be a new one for me too. I'll have to see if I can learn more about those.

Just now, Ric said:

A Canadian transitional would be a new one for me too. I'll have to see if I can learn more about those.

They said there's a group of transitionals that came from Canada but aren't defined as being made in Canada as of yet. Another person chimed in from Canada and agreed.  If I find something on them il share it!

4 hours ago, akroorka said:

My first though was I think that chocomibs meant to say CAC.

These colors are in the CAC pallette.

Why not a CAC?

I appreciate all opinons---

Marble--On!!

Ohhhh yes thank you, I get those two mixed up often. Which i assume is what CAC intended haha

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chocomibs said:

Ohhhh yes thank you, I get those two mixed up often. Which i assume is what CAC intended haha

I can read mistakes--mostly because I have made many.
MFC vs CAC is a common mistake when using the written word, even with the well seasoned collectors.
So—I do not blame you for calling it a CAC—MFC is not excusable.
I would still love to see some more opinions on this one.
I love all opinions and I wish for some more regarding this marble.
Marble—On!!

3 minutes ago, cheese said:

With the red being translucent, I'm inclined to lean CAC rather than foreign. Nice marble regardless! A reduction in condition can be overlooked on one like this. 

Would being CAC make this a HG Red Devil then?

I agree with Cheese.    Many different companies and people made hand gathered slags with a 9 pattern.  Spreading assumption information is about the highest thing giving this hobby a bad reputation with new collectors and buyers. There is a big difference in assuming what something might be and telling people it is such.  Because no one corrects you does not make it a accurate identification on just a assumption.  More than just being a hand gathered 9 pattern is needed for a identification.  An id might be this marble looks hand gathered and has a 9 pattern.  Unless you have more known traits to place it with one certain company, name, place or time.  

It may be a rare marble. It needs some research from reliable resources to find out for sure.  I have found a lot of different opinions on CAC Blue Devil and CAC Red Devil, if it is CAC ?  There are also some odd and rare Barberton , Lieghton and other hand gathered marbles with the 9.  If it was made in the US ?  

• Like 1

CAC is my 1st impression on first post.  It's definitely not those thought from Canada manufacture. Not anything European I have seen. 

However, Translucent throws me as I thought same colors in a swirl I have.  IDK are there any expert class CAC collectors on line any more? Bob B is a good guy I kike him,  but I have seen him site way to many Dug-up HG Akros as CAC so.... I do not think this is an Akro yet, that's become a tough area since the HG dug-ups. Otherwise, translucent red, maybe for lack of more red it's a yellow devil. 😁

I know some people might shake their head at the idea, but did it come in a group with any similar looking examples?  For instance: if it came in a group from UK and 95% of the marbles were Veliliglass, Yasuda, and German Handmades...

FWIW, it doesn't jump out as any particular manufacturer to me, and my opinion would be narrowed down by process of elimination instead of any particular tell-tale feature.  That's what leans me towards a hand gathered CAC with a bunch of surface wear, but I can't say I've seen one quite like it