Marble Making Device ?

Mojo

2 hours ago, Mojo said:

Could this be something were they used to make marbles in ?

Facenating 

If anyone has more info about this item please share 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20230114-170508_Marktplaats.jpg

Screenshot_20230114-170512_Marktplaats.jpg

Screenshot_20230114-170516_Marktplaats.jpg

If it's made from a type of fire brick ceramic I could imagine a usage if an automatic system was to, say, move each hole under a nozzle where it could contain a measured amount thin molten glass. Especially a hole to receive, clear that has a thin stripe color or white. Holes to gather from a nozzle that's opening is close to 1/8th too 3/16th of an inch where wire pull style marbles were made. However, I have never seen anything like this, nore of any patents or systems that made wire pull types of marbles. 

I mean, wire pull is only random because it's got a stripe on clear. The stripe is a continuous line from one cut to the end which is somehow gathered on something. Unlike glass that is mixed in a tank wire pulls are less random, the line is not broken or mixed so, somehow, they are a continuous stream that's too thin to maintain the heat required to retain a gob which is then dropped on the rollers to shape a nice smooth sphere. 

I could imagine something in a cup shape where thin streams were gathered, not just wire pulls but occasional flames too. Yet, not the amount of automation to move this tray under a nozzle or multiple  nozzles within the environment and or temperatures that may be required. 

However, I believe that, as example of what's easy to see in wire pulls, something in a cup form that keeps it hot, would be needed for gathering or contain the striped stream of molten glass.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 1:25 PM, akroorka said:

I think that it is.

Gun collectors are more crazy than marble collectors---it may be worth some nice marble money😁.

Marble--On!!

Nope, no way anytime. They both have the same issues, speaking from experience🤣

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2023 at 10:25 PM, akroorka said:

I think that it is.

Gun collectors are more crazy than marble collectors---it may be worth some nice marble money😁.

Marble--On!!

Recieved it today 

Awsome piece 😃

20230118_172804.jpg

20230118_172845.jpg

20230118_172942.jpg

20230118_172947.jpg

20230118_172956.jpg

• Like 1