Vaseline/Uranium Glass

Melissa

51 minutes ago, Jzoook6 said:

OOOO awesome collection @schmoozer Any chance you are able to tell if this perfume bottle is Czech? 

IMG_3FDF3C1C6F99-1.jpeg

Has the style. They are typically etched on the base, very lightly.

is there a dauber, or is the stopper base flat?

if flat, could be modern using old molds.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, schmoozer said:

Has the style. They are typically etched on the base, very lightly.

is there a dauber, or is the stopper base flat?

if flat, could be modern using old molds.

I think there is a chance that the bottom could be more modern, as it does not glow and there is no etching. I think it is stopper is ground flat,  but the uranium glow looks pretty intense for a modern piece. But what is modern? The etching detail is pretty fine/quality--though I am certainly not an expert. Thanks for taking a look!!!

Post Update: After further inspection, it looks like the dauber actually was broken off. 

IMG_B325ED2CAD22-1.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, William said:

This Alabaster piece has a little bit going on..

16737585527536192631815676502355.jpg

16737585862871260892452636148289.jpg

16737586110144314206408850644949.jpg

16737586648168632600414338402942.jpg

This is both awesome and beautiful!!! I think they must have used a little vaseline yellow in a whiter base to make more of an ivory color. I have a little ivory milk glass pitcher that has the same glow (couldn't believe it when my flashlight hit it the first time!)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jzoook6 said:

I think there is a chance that the bottom could be more modern, as it does not glow and there is no etching. I think it is stopper is ground flat,  but the uranium glow looks pretty intense for a modern piece. But what is modern? The etching detail is pretty fine/quality--though I am certainly not an expert. Thanks for taking a look!!!

Post Update: After further inspection, it looks like the dauber actually was broken off. 

IMG_B325ED2CAD22-1.jpeg

The broken dauber says older, no etch on the base says newer. So a hybrid, which occurs sometimes in bottles and decanters.

3 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

The broken dauber says older, no etch on the base says newer. So a hybrid, which occurs sometimes in bottles and decanters.

Totally. My guess is the bottom is definitely newer than the stopper, but I doubt either pieces is newer than 1975 or so. Thanks for asking about the dauber, I wouldn't have thought about that. Do most of your wife's have the dauber intact?