Flyer from Glasfabrik Wernerhutte

52 minutes ago, hdesousa said:

Not sure if this has been posted here in the past.    Was told the  Glasfabrik Wernerhutte sold handmade glass marbles until the 1950's.

Glasfabrik Wernerhutte 1.jpg

Glasfabrik Wernerhutte 2.jpg

Very interesting, never seen it before, I see Sulphides, divided cores and solid cores etc. standard early German Handmade production marbles during the Victorian era (1850-1910). I wonder how you tell the difference between one from 1870 & one from 1940??  I thought all German production of handmades went out between 1910 or 20, fascinating Hansel, I wonder how they turned a profit up against the machinemades ?? Definitely interested in seeing more !!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Very interesting, never seen it before, I see Sulphides, divided cores and solid cores etc. standard early German Handmade production marbles during the Victorian era (1850-1910). I wonder how you tell the difference between one from 1870 & one from 1940??  I thought all German production of handmades went out between 1910 or 20, fascinating Hansel, I wonder how they turned a profit up against the machinemades ?? Definitely interested in seeing more !!

Found some info on a past post here on MC, definitely between WW1 & WW2, trying for more info but this may take a while, definitely after the supposed early 1900's end of production date.

LINK ::  https://marbleconnection.com/topic/17876-some-nice-and-colourful-single-pontil-marbles/

Hi Hansel

That is a really interesting leaflet. I tried to do some research in the internet. I found this book here in which all the glass-manufacturers in Germany were published, the "Glasfabrik Wernerhuette" too. The book was published in 1907.

http://archive.org/stream/deutschlandsgla00unkngoog#page/n2/mode/2up

But more interesting is the fact, that on "your" leaflet is mentioned that they also produce glass-parts for radios ! According to google the first radio-station in Germany was on air in 1923 ! So the leaflet has to be published later, my guess is between 1925 and 1933, when Hitler was elected for chancellor.

So this leaflet proves that marbles like sulphides, onionskins and swirls were definitely produced between WW I and WW II which is very interesting because I (and probably most other collectors) always have thought that no such marbles have been produced after WW I !! So the time range for these marbles has to be approximately from 1870 to 1930 or so.

Really really interesting, thanks a lot for posting it !

Ron

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 3:50 AM, Chad G. said:

I think the 1850 till little pré 1940 glow 🟢 ?