Once again... Ravenswood?

rockgardenplants

22 minutes ago, rockgardenplants said:

I have others that are different color combos that have this same pattern. I'll get some photos on the board on Monday. Going camping and gold panning! WooHoo!

I would love doing that---

Marble--on!!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

Yup, though weird for a cork, that transparent is called Root Beer and usually or maybe always made with this yellow.

I thought that reddish/purple/grape color made it a "pink champagne base". In fact, I thought yellow corks on that base were called "Eggyolk Pink Champagne Corkscrews". Does that ring a bell with you, Jeff?

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I thought that reddish/purple/grape color made it a "pink champagne base". In fact, I thought yellow corks on that base were called "Eggyolk Pink Champagne Corkscrews". Does that ring a bell with you, Jeff?

Nope, sounds like new confounded thing a-ma-bob name to me. Albeit, we all know, a certain color may vary its tones.

I have 10 root beer's in my original 100 count box, 1st corkscrew's 1927/8 made before the first Prize name contest winners was suppose to be announced in June 1928.

Yet, I didn't make up the name, somebody else did years ahead of me. Blood and bones, Bumble Bee, Pumpkin and root beer had nicknames before I ever knew they existed..

akrostockboxexamples.jpg.0d55155ad71ee087280184a792bdffc8.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rockgardenplants said:

I have others that are different color combos that have this same pattern. I'll get some photos on the board on Monday. Going camping and gold panning! WooHoo!

Lucky Dog 🐶  Post some pix of them nuggets when ya get back !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

Nope, sounds like new confounded thing a-ma-bob name to me. Albeit, we all know, a certain color may vary it's tones.

I'm pretty sure the "Pink Champagne" name's been around for at least 20 years. But it wouldn't surprise me to be a variant of "root beer", like you say.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric said:

I'm pretty sure the "Pink Champagne" name's been around for at least 20 years. But it wouldn't surprise me to be a variant of "root beer", like you say.

Nothing wrong with that nickname; 'Pink Champagne'. Yet as I don't drink alcohol, even if I tried the nonalcohol beverage or soda-pop for that matter, I don't think Egg yolk is gonna be advised. 🙃

Moreover, it's probably a matter of what Henry Hellmers devised: Crystal Ball Article - Henry Hellmers -- The Genius Behind the Glass Colors of Cambridge (cambridgeglass.org)

• Like 1