A few pelts

jskirk

Here are 3, unusual, hybrid, Peltier marbles.

? quad color Rainbo's

These are in the 5/8" to 11/16" sizes.

All are mint.

They have a transparent green base with opaque light blue, (1 has aqua), yellow, white and the addition of redorange.

PD3nicePelts.jpg

Thanks WT:-)

Here's a second run..bluezngreenz....

and my favorite nova...

Charles, you sure have some killer rainbo's..!!

Won't be long until were at the wasserbaum, Ben and Spencer can't wait to hit the slide:-)

Great Thread!!!!

BT

pelt2nd.jpg

nova1c.jpg

nova1e.jpg

nova1a.jpg

nova1d.jpg

I know, Sue! I think that he may not be able to get to a computer where he lives now. I emailed him awhile ago and it bounced back. He used to tell me that he would check the board when he was in Colorado on a friend's PC before his move. I just hope that he is OK and would feel better if he would just drop in.

Kris

Here is a Nova!

Nova1.jpg

nova2.jpg

This one is on a opaque black base w/ pinky orange and yellow patches. Maybe that color is samon? I believe they should be around 7/8 shooter size. This type is common with fractures. I was lucky to find a few with none! I think is about 15 different type of Nova's.

Great thread everyone! I need a better camera, & more picture taking skills! Hey Charles, I think the marble in the center of this pic is more rare than a copperhead, as I've found 3 of those and only one of the opalescent base, with clear red and opaque egg yolk yellow ribbons! What do you think Marblemiser, that's the same type marble you have in your avatar isn't it? These are all big 13/16" to 1" big boys.

Scott

post-279-1228522088_thumb.jpg

Here's some more rainbo's

This is one of my favorites!

rbpelt.jpg

rbpelt1.jpg

peltid.jpg

Not sure if this is a Peltier.... I posted it here a while back and there were as many opinions as there were guesses!!

What a great hobby! The more I learn about marbles, the more I learn, that I need to learn more about marbles....loloolol:-)

rd1.jpg

rd2.jpg

rd3.jpg

rd4.jpg

peltfloatbow1a.jpg

peltfloatbow1e.jpg

peltfloatbow1d.jpg

peltfloatbow1c.jpg

ylblpelt.jpg

pelt4.jpg

A fun way to store and display marbles:-)

rbow1e.jpg

rbow1d.jpg

rbow1a.jpg

rbow1b.jpg

rbow1c.jpg

pelttree.jpg

This eample appears black to the eye but when back-lit....

pelty1.jpg

pelty2.jpg

pelty3.jpg

pelty4.jpg

A big boy .... one inch...

bigrainbo1.jpg

bigrainbo2.jpg

bigrainbolit4.jpg

This is not mine... when I took the pics it belonged to Les. I am pretty sure he sold it...

bloody.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

I said it before but I'll say it again... Great Thread!! Rainbo's are awesome!!

BT

WoW Amazing

Thats what Im talking about, super pelts and pop off the screen photography.

Bet you could take a shot of a lump of coal and make it look like a diamond.

Hey Bill ever think about teaching a course on marble photography?

Little extra green for some more bluezngreenz. ;)

Thanks for sharing.....Greg

Thanks Lizzy:-)

I really like that burnt example myself:-) I’d like to find more like it to be able to make a row in a 25 count jobber box. I really do love the rainbo’s, like corkscrews there seem to be an endless variety of them, making the search that much more fun than it already is. Of course this is no secret ....lol:-)

Thanks Greg,

There are a lot of folks out there taking great images of marbles!! What’s really great about it from a “setup” perspective is there are also many different means of achieving the same end. My system borders the absurd in terms of how simplistic of a “setup” I use. Over the years there have been many threads on the various boards about marble photography. It’s fun to share the info, much more fun than trying to do it for mucho deniro ....lol:-) But hey, I appreciate what you are saying:-)!! It’s kind of like the images, sharing them is fun, more so than selling them...I mean the marbles, not the pics!!!!!

Thanks again,

BT

Here’s sweet litte gem. I just got this one about a week ago from a board member who allowed me to adopt it.... Thanks:-)

Thanks for looking!

BT

rainboz1.jpg

Great thread everyone! I need a better camera, & more picture taking skills! Hey Charles, I think the marble in the center of this pic is more rare than a copperhead, as I've found 3 of those and only one of the opalescent base, with clear red and opaque egg yolk yellow ribbons! What do you think Marblemiser, that's the same type marble you have in your avatar isn't it? These are all big 13/16" to 1" big boys.

Scott

Scott,

Yep, they're alike. Your's is the one you out sniped me on. It was about a year ago Christmas. I really wanted that one.

But as it turned out I did get one & more. The seller called it a Tequila Sunrise. When someone starts a clown thread I'll show that one too. .

DANG!!! nice bunch of PELTS. WTG

MARBLEMISER

• 1 month later...