Sign in to follow this  
maggiesmarbles

Id Help ... Please

I think it is an akro, but something is holding me back and saying Pelt! I have it put away so I can't give you an exact size right now. I have been going through my pictures and I have always wondered about this one. Thanks for looking,

If it is an akro, is there any special name?

post-279-1229150748_thumb.jpg post-279-1229150754_thumb.jpg

post-279-1229150759_thumb.jpg post-279-1229150764_thumb.jpg

post-279-1229150769_thumb.jpg post-279-1229150774_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies, guys! I don't think it is a carnelian, unless there is more than one type. I just sold one on ebay, but it was different than that. It is a bad a$$ marble, though. Thanks again

Thanks Dani, or Ernie, I thought so, but the flaming orange just reminded me of a pelt! It is a cool one, I may have to list it coming up soon. I am trying to cull some stuff and help pay for Christmas! I will plug it when I list it. Thanks again

actually this time we were both looking at it. hows condition? now we're excited! lol

E&D

The Akro Cornelian was a brick like slag with opaque red and white glass and the Carnelian was translucent with orange and brown and sometimes oxblood......neither looked like this nice cork......pax Jon

...and the Carnelian was translucent with orange and brown and sometimes oxblood......neither looked like this nice cork......pax Jon

Maybe it's my monitor settings but it looks like it could have a translucent base, some orange/brown/black...potential for some oxblood. It would look cool backlit.

Lizzy, it is very similar to that! Very bubbly, with little tiny bubbles.

I haven't had the time to look in depth for this marble! We had our house on the market for two months recently and all my marbles were put away.

This one seems to be hiding! Anyway, I will find it!

Dani and Ernie, I finally had time to look for this marble! It is just a bit smaller than 5/8. It has one very small chip, a couple of flea bites and one small sparkle. Glad I could finally find it, sorry it took so long!