Please Read ........... Guy Gregg

mibcapper

If there's a positive thought to this... Based on the last I heard,

I guess it would have to be that Guy is (or was....) comfortable....

If a miracle could promise a recovery, I'm still hopin'......

If not, we're all going to miss him terribly..... He's a class act with a golden heart!!

(No emoticon with tears..... :( )

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel the same way, joe.

greg posted the email he got from beth and then edited his post. then elizabeth posted the same message from her email over on mental.

based on the previous messages, it seems we can probably assume the worst, but as someone said to me in an email: when it comes to death, you want someone to tell you.

I received the email which I posted in the frist part of this thread and have not heard a word since. After losing my Mother earlier this year and knowing what I went throught then, I personally have to assume the worst. There is so much to do and you get torn so many ways after a loved one is lost it can be overwhelming for sure.

We just hope the best for the entire family and hope if and or when Guy goes...it is without pain and without the knowledge of what is happeneing to him.

DEL

We've talked to Denise each day and she said that he is still hanging in there, but that it is just a matter of time. When we called this evening she said that it was a matter of minutes and that they were trying to make funeral plans amongst the family. She said that she supposed the funeral would be Friday, but she would let us know for sure after he is pronounced and they meet with the funeral home. So sad....he is as one of our family.

Will let you know anymore when we know.

Beth

I have asked her to please let us know if there is somewhere donations can be sent to the family. I am hoping she will let us know soon.

DEL

Denise called me this morning with the news none of us wanted to hear.

Guy passed away this morning.

She asked me to notify the boards that the funeral arrangments and where to send flowers and such will be updated soon.

She just wanted to thank us for our prayers.

Guy, you will be missed by many.

Bo

guy was at my first marble show and at every one i've been to since. he called me 'Kiddo' and was always sticking free marbles in my hand when i wasn't paying attention. i loved that he always had a positive outlook - never got caught up in the b.s. on the boards, even though you knew it upset him when people couldn't just get along.

i loved his sense of humor best of all. i remember one time at a show, he had just showed gino biffany a marble he thought was a peltier, but which gino was skeptical about. gino said, "what makes you think that's a peltier?" with a totally straight face, guy said to him, "you just have to know your pelts, gino"

mighta been that same show, dennis richardson wanted to meet guy in person after all the fun we had on the marble addicts board. after trick-or-treating finished halloween night, he packed up the kids in the car with blankets and pillows, and drove all the way to decatur from KS. he was only able to catch the last hour or so of the show, but they were thrilled to have made it. guy had the kids on his lap, riding them around on his scooter, and filling their pockets with marbles.

always one to invite newbies to his room for some in-hand peltier learnin, guy was truly a marble ambassador. he embodied everything that attracts us to this hobby, and which keeps us interested year after year.

guy was a keeper for sure. i'm gonna miss him for a long, long time.

~chris

Guest marbleus1

I only knew Guy from his few post on this board. Never had the pleasure of meeting him.

It is easy to see from the post's that he will be remembered fondly by many.

In these times we search for words of inspiration, there are few.

My prayers and hopes of strength for his family. They say time heals, remember him as he would want to be remembered.

Mom passed 24 years ago today, time heals, the memories stay.

See you on the other side Guy.

David

After reading what everyone has written about him, I feel sad never to have the chance to meet such a special man. I think it is a wonderful testament to his life that you are all remembering him so fondly. Today, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and with the marble community grieving for their loss.

The marble community has lost one good man. Guy was always more than willing to help me with any marble question I had. He and I also talked dogs. He sure loved his doggies. My thoughts and prayers are with his family-especially Denise. I'm sure I speak for others-if there is anything I can do please let me know.

carole

GUY

I hope you found PEACE and REST EASY.

It's sad to here he has left us !!!

He was and had been one of the few

Collectors I had the chance to meet.

We had a blast a some good laughs !

I'll never never forget him and will miss him.

Trade'n with Guy and hear'n him say " ARE 'YA HAPPY ????? "

A WARM AND CARING MAN WITH A BIG HEART !

RAR

I was cleaning up and found a small box that I recieved some marbles in awhile back, last July... and it was from Guy. Twice I had bought some very nice Pelt Rainbos from him. I would always keep a look for when he would post them up for auction. I wish that I had the opportunity to have met him.

Kris

Sad. I don't know what to say. I never met Guy in person but I knew he was a good man and something special to the marble community. Like others here he was generous and always friendly to me. I always enjoyed reading his posts and of his knowledge of peltiers. Early on when I took a liking to pelts he sent me a very nice assortment.

I too will miss Guy.

God bless Denise and Family.