Marble Names Not From The Factory

FISHSLAYERMARRBLEGRIFF

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A LIST OF NAMES(AND PHOTO'S,IF POSSIBLE) OF MARBLES,THAT ARE NOT "FACTORY" NAMED.YOU KNOW THE ONES,EITHER NAMED IN A BOOK,OR BY THE MARBLE COMMUNITY,ECT.,,,,,,,.I WOULD IMAGINE THERE ARE LESS,ORIGINALY,(FACTORY),NAMED MARBLES.

LETS TRY NOT TO ARGUE ABOUT EACH OTHERS OPINION ON A NAME.,AND YES, ITS OK IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE NAME FOR THE SAME MARBLE,OR THE SAME NAME FOR DIFFERENT MANUFACTURES MARBLES.-------------GRIFF

Very interesting "?". The Akro Agate Co may have been the King at naming their marbles. So riddle me this, why didn't put a name to one of their most beautiful marbles, or did they?

Un-Named??

post-64-1170795533_thumb.jpg

thanks.

Good question, maybe because some of their most "beautiful marbles" weren't run consistantly and just a coincidence of combo's and patterns between batches compared to the more mass produced ones that they did name? I suppose this could be said for most manufacturers since the patterns and combo's can vary so much (think 3-D).

I especially like that 5th one down, but they're all sharp.

Weren't some of those Imperials Dan? Peace,Galen

I have seen one Imperial box, from a very well known collector, which did contain Oxbloods. If I can remember right, and that can be tuff for me to do anymore, it had two rows of silvers and a row each of lemons, limes, and blues.

thanks.

• 3 years later...

Hi :

While Bob Block was visiting my room at the marlborough (i can't spell marlboro) Show by ( my cuz ) Bert Cohen ...he overheard me calling some of my new 7/8 " finds as " Parrot " marbles and asked me why i was calling them that . I told him that the reds,greens,yellows and blend of colors reminded me of exotic parrots i have seen in books and on tv .That was it ..from then on Bob started describing them as Parrots ......But i see that certain marble collectors have taken things out of control with what a parrot actually looks like !

Bob Callahan

• 6 years later...