Mostly Pix - Vitro

Steph

9 hours ago, Steph said:

Maybe one day I'll get used to the amount of detail you get.  

But today I am once again stunned.

Thanks - I'm not using anything particularly fancy - a Panasonic Lumix GM1 and a manual 70's East German lens, either with a piece of cardboard  wedged behind the built in flash, or in this case window light.

15 minutes ago, marboman said:

Here are some nice Vitro Black Eyed Peas  and Vitro Sweet Peas. Beautiful pictures  ManofKent. I need to take more pictures of Vitro's .

Nice! I haven't got any 'peas' yet.

Hello again, did Vitro collectors name all there marbles after food of some type? LOL! These, I believe are called Biscuits and gravy. The're sizes are the same as the Pea types. The shooters are 31/32".

018.JPG

I don't have a name for these yet but these are a lot like the Sweet Peas on a translucent bubbly base. Sizes are same as others.

I wonder if Edna knows a name for those.  Trying to remember if I should remember ....... 

39 minutes ago, Steph said:

I wonder if Edna knows a name for those.  Trying to remember if I should remember ....... 

Those transparent peas...I have never found or learned of a name for these either. I do consider these related in some ways to the other Peas.  I actually don't think these are common, at least in my hunts around here.

Thanks for the name Steph, that helps a lot. We ought to look at these too, they were in the same group of marbles, I think they are Vitro also and resemble the chick peas in size and construction. The exception is there is no yellow patch but same bubbly translucent base.

060.JPG