Mostly Pix - Heaton

Steph

• 1 year later...

Heaton Big Shot Cat Eyes, from Joeager's auction. Only 5 cents!

(click to enlarge)

th_heaton_catseyes_Joeager.jpgth_heaton_catseyes_JoeagerB.jpg

These cat's eyes were said to be found in a bag, but the bag was damaged so the marbles were take out of it. I believe that the Ricksmarbles listing said/implied they were found at a Heaton site.

IsItDug2.jpg

• 7 years later...

Cool to see a Heaton big guy.  I must remember this moment.  But it'll probably slip my mind again.  Big marbles from smaller makers just can't seem to stick in my head.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More bagged  Heaton's - common or garden clearies (I like clearies :blush:):

clearies1.jpgclearies2.jpg

If anyone is mad enough to try and identify clearies. The green on these is more intense than my Vitro Aqua Jewels, but the deep blue and clear are pretty much indistinguishable. Similarly lightly bubbled. The yellow ones do show a definite darker tone in a small part of the marble - the colour isn't quite perfectly evenly spread, but this isn't immediately obvious at a quick glance.

:thup:  

I never even think about Heaton when I think about clearies.  In some portion of my mind I realized they made clearies -- for industrial purposes.  I didn't know they bagged 'em for play.  

1 hour ago, cheese said:

Couple more, nothing fancy.

Good to see them. To my eyes the green one is quite Cairo like in some aspects - a useful reminder of how an atypical example of either manufacturer could be confusing!

Good point, I had considered Cairo too on that one but the colorless clear part going down into the base and the transparent green wide area said Heaton to me. I did get a second opinion before posting but nothing is always 100% and these have no provenance, so...

4 hours ago, cheese said:

Good point, I had considered Cairo too on that one but the colorless clear part going down into the base and the transparent green wide area said Heaton to me. I did get a second opinion before posting but nothing is always 100% and these have no provenance, so...

I think you're right on Heaton. I'm not sure the colourless clear area points me either way but agree on the transparent green area definitely pointing that way. I'm really struggling with swirls!