Photo Tutorial

To post a picture

Start new post.

post-2-124993559697_thumb.jpg

Under attachments, use the browse button to find the picture on your computer,

post-2-12499350829_thumb.jpg

click on your picture then click open.

post-2-124993519579_thumb.jpg

The picture is ready to upload to our server.

Hit attach this file. The picture will upload.

post-2-124993539766_thumb.jpg

You can do this several time to add more than one picture.

If you don't hit "add to post" your pictures will show at the end of your post.

post-2-124993549869_thumb.jpg

If you want your pictures mixed in between your text, you need to put your spacer where you want the picture to go and hit "add to post".

You have just put a picture in your post.

You have added an image, if you wish to practice this, please use the test forum.

post-2-1186701983_thumb.jpg

where do i find create a post i just got a new camera so im way new at this have no clue how to do any of this with digital camera. can i get HELP please.

sassy :wacko:

where do i find create a post i just got a new camera so im way new at this have no clue how to do any of this with digital camera. can i get HELP please.

sassy :wacko:

Hit new topic or reply to post, that is how you create a post.

Lou

Hit new topic or reply to post, that is how you create a post.

Lou

thanks i found that out but still having trouble

Just a note:

Some problems with posting, including some problems with attaching images, seem to be related to "skin type".

You can see and change your skin type using the menu at the bottom left corner of the page.

Skin_Selector.jpg

Large Type Skin seems to be problematic. I don't know if that's the only "bad" one. But if you have anything other than IPB 2.2.0 Default and you are having problems posting, things might work better if you change it to IPB 2.2.0 Default.

Hi Lou,

I have some original music I have created in the form of 'Wav' or 'mp3' format and just like to ask you if there is anyway to post it on a thread here?

thanks

Tome.

I think you can now upload music formats to the board.

Lou

Hi Lou,

I have some original music I have created in the form of 'Wav' or 'mp3' format and just like to ask you if there is anyway to post it on a thread here?

thanks

Tome.

Hello...is there anyway to ADD to the file size (or picture size) to be uploaded?? You see my pics are at 572kb per(jpeg) pic (is that a normal size?)I'm only allowed Max single file 500kb to upload..Am I doing something wrong? Can you help? Thanks Johnny

Hi Johnny.

The photo you posted in the ID section was 3072 pixels x 2304 pixels, and I read it as 455 kb. The pixel size is much larger than my computer screen.

If you decrease the size to 800 pixels across that will usually be plenty to show the detail on a single marble, and should significantly decrease the kb's of your pix.

OOOH BOY! well I've managed to compress files and was successful in uploadin 1 file........And when you open it ITS REALLY BIG haha well I'm learning wish me luck ..Thanks Lou,,,,Johnny

Thanks Steph! How do I change the pixels on a picture? Ive managed to locate "Edit" for the pic file...but am unsuccessful any advice? Thanks

I think there's a sorta odd way to do it here. (I think if you upload pix to the Gallery, it might reduce the size automatically.)

My main recommendation is resizing it with some photoediting software. Do you have a Windows computer? If so, do you have the Paint program?

Some editing software keeps the kb's high even when you reduce pixels. Paint is pretty good about keeping things simple though. Low pixels = low kb's on Paint.

at least usually.