Mostly Pix - Christensen Agate Company

Steph

There are other Chrissie pix floating around. I started this with boxes I wasn't seeing in other threads.

Here are a couple of lists of links to check, not updated on a regular basis, but there are some good things. Boxes could also appear in other sections such as "Gropper", "Jobber" or "Albright". Remember, link suggestions are welcome!

Links: Original Packaging

Links: Christensen Agate

World's Best Guineas. Just the box, with Christensen Agate Co. credited as the manufacturer and Gropper as the distributor. Maybe from a Running Rabbit auction. unsure.gif

(click to enlarge thumbnails)

th_GuineaBox004.jpg

th_GuineaBox004B.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here's a sample of CAC Pastels. Pete's pix (or Block's?) of marbles which WERE Pete's but now are Ken's? Uh oh, that got complicated. LOL

Anyway, pastels is a collectors name which sprang up so naturally and immediately from Block's literal description of them that it was thought to be Christensen's own name for the marbles.

capastels5lg.jpg

A related thread:

Cac Pastels

(I'm hoping to collect the best known Pastels pics here because I'm having difficulty accessing them at the archive.org site.)

Auction pix:

def6_3_johnsmarbles.jpg

(click to enlarge)

th_e9a1_3_johnsmarbles.jpg th_e278_3_johnsmarbles.jpg th_e639_3_johnsmarbles.jpg

same seller, looks like some of the same marbles. This might have been the seller who had lots of boxes with varying amounts of damage and maybe marbles spilling out. If some didn't sell first go, maybe they got rearranged. (no I'm not trying to out the seller! I think the mibs and boxes are authentic, even the clays! But I think some mix and match may possibly have occurred is all.)

Favorites040l_johnsmarbles.jpg

Speaking of classics, here are some turkeys.

First is Galen's.

turkey_Galen_50percent.jpg

Next is/are one(s) I think would qualify but won't mind if someone says "nope". Starting with just the one from an ebay auction listing.

(click to enlarge)

th_300328127608_d5527.jpg

Here's a famous color combo / style, the Blue Lace.

Here is a seamed version from a Marblealan auction. Would this also be called a "Striped Transparent"? Seems like it would but I am very hesitant to jump to conclusions about CAC's. :-)

(click to enlarge)

th_BlueLace_marblealan.jpg

There is also a swirl version with the same colors of glass. I'll add a pic when I come across a suitable one. I'm not sure but I think that might have been a "mistake" to call the swirl a Blue Lace, but at the same time I think the terminology has caught on pretty firmly. Sorry, that's a fuzzy recollection of something I didn't quite understand as I read it the first time. So I'll have to fix this post when I learn the answer. If someone would care to add the correct story, that would be great!

• 2 months later...

Here's a sample of CAC Pastels. Pete's pix (or Block's?) of marbles which WERE Pete's but now are Ken's? Uh oh, that got complicated. LOL

Anyway, pastels is a collectors name which sprang up so naturally and immediately from Block's literal description of them that it was thought to be Christensen's own name for the marbles.

capastels5lg.jpg

A related thread:

Cac Pastels

(I'm hoping to collect the best known Pastels pics here because I'm having difficulty accessing them at the archive.org site.)

Is there a chance these marbles are ravenwoods?. I have a ravenswood box with same mibs?....Steve

I believe those are Christensens.

I can't remember exactly what the box said but I think the labelling was clear. Might have said both Gropper and Christensen. I definitely need to find the pix. Supposedly the mibs weren't all as swirly as these four look. Some had seams.

Since so many companies made single color mibs, I wouldn't have a lot of faith in being able to identify one in the wild as Ravenswood or CAC or Alley or Champion or whoever. However, I have a diaperfold in blue which would fit right into that box. I'm completely convinced that mine is CAC.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you Scott. That's terrific.

Any help in this area is MUCH appreciated. I have one box waiting to uploaded still, one Craig posted elsewhere and okayed for here. But that might be it for me for who knows how long.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...