Show Us Your Snotties! Lol

Steph

It's been so long since I h ave posted, I'm not sure I remember how..........Anyway, I asked Stan about what kind of marble that they called Snotties when he was a kid. (about 100 years ago) :lol: He said they called all slags....Snotties. It didn't make any difference just what color it might be. Now I have no idea if this is correct, it's just what the kids in Oklahoma called them. -mm--

Keep in mind that Ravenswood made marbles that look a lot like Snotties. If WV Ron were around I would lay odds that he would call Bobs marble a Ravenswood. He had a nice little grouping of them at a show. This Marble was I.D as Ravenswood.

post-279-1227664987_thumb.jpg

Dave, I'd call yours a snottie too. I think they should qualify as "snotties" if they were from the right era ... maybe sometime preWWII ... and had the right "look" in the eyes of the kids.

No?

update: yes! At least maybe! Veiny and boogery might be all that was needed. :icon_lmao: The kids even called marbles snotties before Christensen came along. Now I wanna see one of the early snotties! lol