Most Interesting Handmade

Steph

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not known to be a Mark Mathews marble at the show. It was certainly not signed.

Hmmmmmm, really?? There are a few other artists that do airtrap stuff.... I don't know if any do anything like the Jetson...

Based on what I've heard about it's "degree of difficulty" it's amazing that it wasn't signed....

Could it have been one of the Chinese Bird Cage marbles?? Those weren't signed and had the other colors you mentioned.....

post-3-1206574388_thumb.jpg post-3-1206574403_thumb.jpg

I have to own up that those are not my birdcages!!! LOL

I have them in my file and I'm not positive from where... I'm pretty sure the multi-colored is from Bev Brule's collection and I *think* the yellow is Tom Reed's....

There's a picture of another (next to a similar paperweight) over in the Orange County Show report.

I'd like to thank MIKE CLOSE again for helping me

put my GRANDMA'S HAND-MADE COLLECTION

back TOGETHER !!!! Since I had made a BIG MISTAKE.

My MOM happened to notice that a little "GEM"

was MISSING from THE COLLECTION OF MY

GRANDMAMOTHER'S MARBLES...THAT MY

MOM gave me about 20ish years ago....

Rick(y)......where's the little "ORANGEY ONE WITH GLITTER IN IT ?

:blink: .............UH...............uh-oh....... :(

post-279-1226037643_thumb.jpgpost-279-1226037647_thumb.jpg

I had made the MISTAKE of having this seperate from the

group and Mike and I had done a trade. I DID PANIC...but

gotta hold of Mike about 2-3 years later after we did our trade.

*Parents were visiting now*

I asked if by CHANCE he still had this little "Orangey Marble with Glitter in it ?"

To my relief...HE DID......I told him what I had done....and

he graciously helped me UNDO my (NEWBIE/ STUPID/BLUNDER)

My MOM found out LATER.....that I HAD FOUND THE MARBLE I HAD

.....UUUHHHMMMMMMMMM.....MISPLACED ! :glare:

This is my Grandma's Collection of nice 9/16ths and Smaller Hand-Mades !

She just turned 90 this last April.

post-279-1226037653_thumb.jpg

They are NOW SAFE AND SOUND ON THE MANTLE OF MY FIRE PLACE !

So.......these are MY FAVORITE...WELL TRAVELED and CHERISHED MARBLES !

THANX AGAIN MIKE......... B)

RAR.......these are ALSO my " MOST INTERSTING HAND-MADE MARBLES "

Wow Rick, that is SOOOO cool!!! Not only are they heirlooms, but they're really nice marbles in great looking condition!!!

That's a rare find that you just can't get at any show or auction!!! :Cool_049:

Hey Rick, I was just thinking about that deal the other day. So Your Welcome....AGAIN!!! I was really glad I still had the marble. It was a fav. of mine, so it was not going anywhere. As soon as I heard the story, I knew I had to set it right.....for Mom!!

Marble On Rick!!

Mike

• 2 years later...

Suhweet!

Any handmade I found in the dirt would make me do cartwheels, but there are some really nice ones there! Love that wide-banded multicolor jasper. (that's what that is, right? in the middle pic?)

Yes Steph that is a jasper, just got that one yesterday and I have never seen one like it before. Let me say that it looks even better in person the wide bands really catch and hold your eye. Here is a pic of a few marbles that I am sending off to leroy to have restored one of them is a first off or a end of day and again I found these while digging for bottles. I put a pic of some of the newer glass marbles I find in the first foot or so.

post-2177-127379566055_thumb.jpg

post-2177-1273795749_thumb.jpg

Here are some of my favorite little ones

They are all beautiful, a real pleasure to see such rare and nice peewees, and good choice whoever brought this old thread up, there could be many more old threads here with new interest to add to.

Early on in my introduction to Marble Connection I ran through thread after thread in the back pages. There is a wealth of nice stuff there. Unfortunately many of the photographs seem to expire after a while. Just not enough carrying capacity for all of it? I kinda wondered about that. There'd be a thread I'd be interested in for myself and "Oops!" no pics or it would be one that I thought would be especially pertinent with whatever happened to be going on. That's why I went bonkers when for a while all the Threads back there were Locked. Like I was going to sabotage things! David

That's why I went bonkers when for a while all the Threads back there were Locked. Like I was going to sabotage things!

I didn't know a lot were locked... But apparently, there is some sort of net etiquette thing about not digging up a lot of old threads...

I never could figure that out... Though, when I saw this one, I was thinkin' I'd have to look up some pictures. Then, I realized I'd already done it...

So, I guess it's to avoid confusion and back-peddling...

I think the solution is to begin a new thread and link the old thread into it...

That green spiral is so cool!!!! :D