Holy Crap!

VTAndrea

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick what is that a double or triple ingot? Let me ask y'all do you think the workers at Peltier said, "OK guys we're makin Supermans today, so keep that yellow clean with good seperation on the red." The next day say, "OK we're doin Superboys today so run them hot so we get good bleeds on the red & yellow." No the fact is Peltier made the two marbles as the same marble! Don't really understand the whole superman/superboy thing, but do know it's a huge mint boulder tri-color Millers swirl! By the way Bill Cokenhourow is the one that came up with the name Superboy. This will be at home with these! Keep it real!

Scott

post-130-1207882451_thumb.jpg

post-130-1207882577_thumb.jpg

post-279-1225080850_thumb.jpg

Whoa, Whoa... Roger.... See... Your getting MAD... That's what I'm talking about!!! WHY???

Do you enjoy being mad?? Your trying very hard to make me mad... But, it isn't working!! I think your reaction is hysterical for someone who collects toys...

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry.... My mentioning Nazi to the conversation has NOTHING to do with the politics of Nazi... Except that it is a very serious subject... It's the most serious subject I can imagine anyone having a collection of.... Most likely producing some VERY serious people as collectors... I was thinking it was about as opposite from marbles as could be possible.

We may collect seriously... But, do we have to BE so serious???

Of COURSE we look forward to marble mail!! If I go to a show and come back with something awesome, I'm high for a week!!!

No, of course I wouldn't want anyone throwing my marbles around... That was Bo... I love Bo dearly... But, making a comment like that, I feel much more secure with him in Arizona and me in NH... He also calls that marble a Superman!!! (Tsk.... ROFLMAO)

Bo & I talk weekly... if not more... Do you suppose we're going to fight about that marble?? He thinks it's a man, I think it's a boy... Will that destroy our relationship???

Is it destroying my relationship with YOU??? WHY?? I've always liked you... I value your opinion.

I do understand why you would call the marble a Superman... I just disagree with it...

Sooooo, we can't be friends anymore??

We can't just say... "Hey, this is what I think and that is what you think... Period." and let it go??

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, by the way.... Having duel ID's on this board is taboo... It's Lou's law, so I'll let Lou take care of it. But, I want to give you the "Heads Up" on that.

Scott, that is one FABULOUS "huge mint boulder tri-color Millers swirl! CONGRATULATIONS!!

LOL @ Galen!!! (I sure hope that was a Vacor!!)

;)

I am so sorry this went so far. I have always enjoyed your company in the past. Maybe I felt like I was picking sides or something, and tried to set a precedence. It's a Superman and that's that. LOL A lot of these ID's seem to be about persuasion. Again, I apologise and hope to keep it fun as well.

Thanks Roger!! I respect your opinion and I very much respect that you can bury this...

Whatever we call it, I know we're both on the same side when we say it's a magnificent marble....

That's all that matters!! ;)

Yes.....it is a TRIPLE (IMHO) Unless

someone see's something different.

Here's a Rainbo that is the same size

and the construction is very similair.

post-279-1225080990_thumb.jpgpost-279-1225080986_thumb.jpg

post-279-1225080982_thumb.jpgpost-279-1225080978_thumb.jpg

Sue...I hope you can SEE and FIND the irony in way I'm about to say !

Galen just SMASHED the LAST KNOWN SUBERBOY !

Why are you hoping it was a VACOR ??? It was JUST

a Red,Yellow and Blue MARBLE......Kevin Spacey

just happened to own that one. He use to ALWAYS

keep it in one of his pockets when he was "On-Set" !

Guess he lost it when they were shooting American Beauty.

Some say he's NEVER BEEN THE SAME....Galen won't

fess up and tell me how he GOT IT....TYPICAL GALEN...as always !

RAR......... B)

RIck, Nice one dude!

Galen, you'll be on the road to marble hell if you don't watch it.

Wave as you pass me.

I'm already there.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Sue, they got planes these days that fly from Arizona all the way to Boston. Even further!

Not as MANY planes these days, but still one or two. hahahaha

'Sorry Rick... I have no friggin' idea what your trying to say....

I feel as though I've been set up by you, to take on this battle for which I have no reason or interest in fighting...

I stepped in without an opinion on the marble, but defending Alan for his title, based on a fact that we ALL know to be true....

Yes, when he knows there will be split decisions about a marble he takes the low road to avoid being accused of calling it something more than it is....

Apparently this works for him... He is, after all, pretty successful....

Because I said collectors have more flexibility in their ID's, you made a reference then, to collectors taking liberties about calling what they buy a Superboy and what they keep in their collections a Superman??

It was also "kind of" directed at me.... As if I might do that.....

My point was, "Who cares??" The fact that I only own one beat up superman that is in a bag, somewhere in my garage, says I certainly don't care.....

In the process, with your cynical attitude, you've managed to get a bunch of board members wound up with their panties in a wad for NOTHING....

Everyone who isn't involved, is sitting, rolling their eyes and wondering what the hell it is that your trying to "insinuate..." NOW????

You know I like you, Rick.... But, this is the kinda crap that I thought we got rid of last fall....

Please don't bring it back....

Egad, I'm sorry I started this thread. Seems some people aren't happy unless they're in a snit and I don't mean you, Sue. I was simply surprised at how much people were willing to bid on this marble. You'd hardly know we're in a recession and gas prices at an all time high. It's a nice marble and I'm happy for the high bidder. Enough said. Maybe time to move this fuss somewhere else??

Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't try to send that darn thing. I was trying to find the right one to send for Sue and it was NOT that one.

For some reason, I can't find the full section of these darn emoticons and this one just poped up and it was GONE.

So I'll just SAY it................Thanks Sue for hanging in there and I also wanted to say THANKS to Andrea for showing the beautiful Superboy. It is an outstanding marble. --mm--

Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't try to send that darn thing. I was trying to find the right one to send for Sue and it was NOT that one.

For some reason, I can't find the full section of these darn emoticons and this one just poped up and it was GONE.

So I'll just SAY it................Thanks Sue for hanging in there and I also wanted to say THANKS to Andrea for showing the beautiful Superboy. It is an outstanding marble. --mm--

some pics for Mary :D

sups2-1.jpg

When it comes to pelts, and somebody says a "super-flaming-dragon-boy", correct terminology or not, I can pretty much picture what they mean. Some people would cringe at the thought and some people don't like Lima Beans either. It's a diverse world we live in, isn't it?

To carry over to another mfg's marble ID for example ...If somebody says a tri-colored flame, I can picture the marble, but not the colors. If it's a tri-colored flame "with superman colors" (right or wrong) I still have a better general idea of what's being talked about.

For marble landscaping, those "Bamboo shoots" you can get, grow good when "planted" in a pot of spare marbles.

• 6 months later...
Guest FeelingMarbleous
LOL...........Yeah I thought that's why Pelt Collectors

named most of the marbles.

If the ALMOST SUPERMAN can't or isn't COLORFUL ENOUGH.

Then it has to take the "Back Seat" to the the REAL SUPER HERO.

And instead of a $1,200 Superman........some may be lucky

enough to own a $45.00 Superman that BARELY MADE IT OUTTA

"THE PHONE BOTHE...CAN'T JUMP OVER TALL BUILDINGS...but

can sure "HURDLE THOSE FIRE HYDRANTS AND MAILBOXES"

Where was Clark Kent during this AUCTION....???? B)

RAR.......Yeah..I know...just some more of Rick's PELT BABBLE.....oh well !

LMFGDAO @ THAT THOSE FEW LINES ON THE BOTTOM ABOUT THE ALMOST SUPERMAN !!!!!! :icon_lmao: :icon_lmao: :rofl: :rol: :rofl: :rol: