Did Anyone Make Pink Marbles?

MrsMopar

Guest SlaggyMay

i've been wanting a handmade light pink marble with oxblood swirls (or corkscrew) for a long time.

if anybody out there can make one, please let me know.

(3/4" to 1")

^_^ thanks!

tracy

Just read this and remembered your post. Which is a monumental task that I even remembered! lol

Bogard Marbles, C.E. Bogard & Sons, The Bogard Co. Produced in Cairo, Nutter Farm Road, and Reno Ohio. On Page 48 of the American Machine Made Marbles book.

Says they made a limited amount of Pink transparents, but it was hard to perfect the color and didn't sell great. Says they got the glass from Federal Glass Co.

Very cool, eh? :) Opps, my Michigan is showing! haha

Gary

Tracy, I look forward to seeing that one, once you have it...sounds lovely!

m!b$..that is to kewl, wouldn't mind being able to dig something like that up when I am gardening.

Gary, thank you for that information. I am wondering if, because they were clearies, they didn't sell as well as others...hmmm

:-) Felicia

Don't know how popular clearies were in the 70's but they've been big sellers in times past.

Bogard didn't have a lot of luck with toy marble sales in general. Jack Bogard did lots of work making a market for industrial marbles as agitators in aerosol cans. Industrial marbles is what his focus was. He took that with him to Jabo. (He's the Bo in Jabo.)

I have found that pink marbles are very good sellers.

Sincerely,

John

I think that Pink has become a much more desirable and far more accepted than it once was. It is now fashionable for both men and women too proudly wear Pink, and I believe that freedom is also represented in other items such as Marbles.

Guest FeelingMarbleous

Use a online translator Steph, just type in Google, Translate German to American and it should pop up a link, and then you just copy and paste in the box where it ask you to and hit convert and it will translate for ya!

Hope this helps ya !

yeah, i use babel fish for text. I shoulda said I wish I "knew" German, not just could read it.

babel fish didn't make me feel secure enough to actually make contact through email. forget about trying out the phone number. ;-)

• 10 months later...