Jabo Tributes

sissydear

Some of my group of investors are not happy with me for my remark that the Joker's are still the prettiest marbles of the private runs. It's just my opinion, but they have eye appeal. Now if we are talking about numbers of colors, the Tributes have all of them beaten. Some of our marbles have 6 or seven colors and all of them have 4. I hope that makes up for my previous remark. Edna

The Jokers stand out in pix, that's for sure.

But the Tributes get better and better in hand as you focus in on them. The colors are phenomenal. Some wonderful striping action.

I have one where a peach-tinged yellow blends to orange, then the stripes start: clear, gold, purpley brown, maroon, darker purple, gold, greenish gold, olive, teal, a weird ox blend, more teal, almost black ox, teal, clear, and back to the blushing yellow.

dude!

did I mention stray bits of glitter?

(Edna, that's one of the ones I still haven't been able to match to one of the style names.)

Who would have thought all of this went into the mibs we know and love today? I always thought about the physical labor and simply didn't really think about the love and friendships that might have existed between the workers on an everyday basis. Now my mibs have even more meaning to me.

Thank you Edna!! What a great picture of Weldon you got there as well!! Wish I could have been there!!!!

Roger