Estate Sale Marbles

Serine23

Hi, Serine.  You have a nice vintage mix there.  

I'm seeing marbles from the 1930's to 1960's. 

I see at least two Akro Agate Popeyes.  Those are popular and while not rare, they're not common. 

Here's a photo from a box of Popeyes so you can maybe pick yours out.  They're a type of "corkscrew".  (You also have some other corkscrews which are a little plainer but still desirable.)

post-279-1187048934.jpg

(And there are some other interesting marbles in there.  This popeye pic is just for starters.)

6 minutes ago, Steph said:

Thank you Steph! I do see how there are some of those. There are also some that are rather small, almost 1/2 size of a standard marble. I also notice several have a little open dot on the end. And some with a little twist of glass at the end, maybe where they were made? Thanks so much for the image and information you provided!

This one with the sorta aqua-blue and red could be a Peltier Spiderman.  Or maybe a different kind of Peltier.

Serine23.jpg

The orange one to the lower left might turn out to be an Akro Flintie.  

If you could put them in small groups where it's easy for us to say something like "first marble in the second row is such-and-so", we could ID a lot of these.  (And a new thread for each small group also helps get more ID's. :thup:)