Alan Basinet/marblealan Update

cheryl

Hi folks...Alan continues to hang in there drinking protein drinks and eating ice cream and very little else. He stays in bed now. I am trying to get him to get on line and write a short message for his friends here, but he is very weak. Thanks again for all the contributions, these have kept the lights on and food in the house, and help pay for postage to return consignments, see below. After Alan passes on, any funds left will go to his parents who, living with him now, will have to relocate after he goes. I will help them get settled.

Please send post cards with well wishes, they are easy for Alan to read and we can hang them on the wall....a visual reminder of your caring. Send to

Alan Basinet

4115 Marquette Ave.

Jacksonville, Florida 32210

Alan's home address.

IF YOU HAVE UNRETURNED CONSIGNMENTS please send me a detailed description, your address and a phone # to

Cheryl Malinowski

1249 Cook St.

Jacksonville, Fl. 32205

and BE PATIENT.

My biggest priority is taking care of Alan, but my husband and I are TRYING to get as many consignments reurned as we can identify-we have sent out more than 20 so far. remember, I am under no obligation to do this, I am doing it because Alan wants to do right by you, and is physically unable to do it himself. This work occurs on the weekends, as my husband and I are working full time, caring for Alan morns and eves, and have our own house and pets to care for.. I have a lot on my plate right now, and I will do what I can-

Cheryl, Alan's ex-wife and friend

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings all...Alan is still hanging in there at home. He has lost a tremendous amount of weight, but is eating and drinking better than he was a few weeks ago. he has a lot of visitors dropping in and this cheers him a lot, I think. I am still seeing him 2-3 times a day and all weekends, around my work schedule. His parents are living in the apt. he fixed for them behind his house, and visit several times a day. Hospice comes over about once a week. So we will keep you posted on his progress.

On another note, Alan has decided to sell his private marble collection. his good pal Gary stern will handle the sales. we will release the seller name and dates of the first auctions as soon as they are decided.

Thanks to all who have sent donations, items and good wishes. Alan and I are keeping track of all of them so we can send thank-you notes. He wants to write these himself, but has not had the energy. But rest assured he has gotten them all and that they have really helped .

Cheryl Malinowski

Alan's friend and ex-wife

[email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

This week has brought many changes..Alan was experiencing a surge in energy and concentration, clarity..had started some auctions...was sorting through his books and comic collection...then he fell several times in the middle of the night Tues, started morphine this week, yest. and today he is so out of it he is barely able to stay awake. I don't know if he will come out of this fog...meanwhile he us not eating and barely drinking...so of course growing weaker...will keep you all posted...Cheryl M

A change in Alan's circumstances...he has been taken to Community Hospice's Acosta Rua care center on Ramona Blvd. in Jacksonville...their goal is to stabilize him a little then let him go home for the end, but I believe he is better off there. I don't think he will be going home, and I think his end is close. Will keep everyone posted.-Cheryl

IF YOU MADE A BID ON ALAN'S RECENT AUCTIONS AND IF YOU WIN

contact Gary Stern at

[email protected]

Gary will try to get payment from you and send the marbles. Alan will not be able to resolve this auction.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD

Cheryl

Rest in Peace Buddy Alan Basinet, 1964-2012. Buddy passed away at 8:30 this morning, March 15, with his parents and with me at his side. As per his wishes there will be no funeral, service or burial...Alan donated his body for scientific research...his parents will receive his ashes in a few months. Please remember him with a donation to Community Hospice, 4266 Sunbeam Road, Jacksonville, Florida 32257, communityhospice.com. I will continue to stay in touch.

Please spread the word to all who knew him...Cheryl.