German marble origins

Brock

If you are referring to cane-cut handmades, my understanding is that they were made in shops primarily concentrated in glass-making towns such as Lauscha.  Glasfabrik Wernerhutte was a large facility, but its important to understand that marbles were just a fraction of their output.  Scientific glass, decorations etc were the primary output.

• Award 1

Ok. Thanks. I suppose then, there could be company names behind some of them. Such as glasfabrik.  I guess it would be next to impossible to decipher the  different  manufacturing outlets ? As the variety appears the same within the styles. With obvious colours and enhancement differences.

I suggest thinking of it in terms of a small "glass trades village".  Sources of circa late 1800s materials and chemicals would be limited and well-known within very low cost limitations.  Techniques are known and shared in the small craft community.  There were no secrets.  Each shop could simply duplicate anything seen with no real effort.  That leads to fairly homogeneous products.

• Like 1