Price Point

AvvaRae

What is a good price point to be paid for marbles like this ? 

.68 size 

Just curious what a new collector should be looking at the normal wear tear flea bites etc & what an actual collector pays for Germans.... pending ones like this the "onion skin/Joseph's coat"

I found some and I'm curious if their price point is too rich ☺️IMG_20230918_091025.thumb.jpg.d936be8d67a7f0f11c9436c0222d9539.jpgIMG_20230918_091012.thumb.jpg.88e3e7ffd33092e97319350856d62e74.jpgIMG_20230918_090424.thumb.jpg.8770c87cbe193dbb3138545df62eb6fa.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

Value is so subjective.  You probably won't get a straight answer. Some people consider any type of damage = worthless.  Other people value the rarity or the color or the pattern etc. Etc etc

That's fair.... as a new collector it's so hard to tell hey is this a great deal or wow they are ripping you off .. especially with Germans it's harder for me to gauge value... 

But I totally get that I have a few damaged id never get rid of because of rarity but they are American made so i can "value them.." if that makes sense... 

Anywho I appreciate the response... I'll just use my wallet gauge to decide if it's worth it lol 😆... 

The marble posted looks To be in pretty decent original shape.  A good example for its type and would display well.  If any mica Lutz or aventurine, you'd be looking at a premium. The dark streak in the blue looks like contamination or debris but throw a couple sparkles in the mix and interest goes up

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

The marble posted looks To be in pretty decent original shape.  A good example for its type and would display well.  If any mica Lutz or aventurine, you'd be looking at a premium. The dark streak in the blue looks like contamination or debris but throw a couple sparkles in the mix and interest goes up

That's helpful for sure .. thank you @I'llhavethat1 :) I'd have to get a jewelers loop to check the ones I saw out lol . But sounds fun!!!! Thank you again for your explanation and help :) it's very much appreciated 

6 minutes ago, AvvaRae said:

That's fair.... as a new collector it's so hard to tell hey is this a great deal or wow they are ripping you off .. especially with Germans it's harder for me to gauge value... 

But I totally get that I have a few damaged id never get rid of because of rarity but they are American made so i can "value them.." if that makes sense... 

Anywho I appreciate the response... I'll just use my wallet gauge to decide if it's worth it lol 😆... 

You can use EBay search, then filter, then “completed sales” to get an idea of pricing.  Also, Block Marble Auctions has past auction results that gives you an idea of the high end values.  Block is predominantly “mint” marbles.  Anyone can sign up for Block.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Carowill said:

You can use EBay search, then filter, then “completed  sales” to get an idea of pricing.  Also, Block Marble Auctions has past auction results that gives you an idea of the high end values.  Block is predominantly “mint” marbles.  Anyone can sign up for Block.

Ty🥰🥰