Ravenswood 'green snake'?

WB88

I'm seeking help identifying a trio marbles I recently acquired. I did so speculatively in the hope that one might be a Ravenswood Novelty Works creation, as I am a Ravenswood native, and took it into my head to try to procure for my mother one or more genuine Ravenswood-made marbles. Alan's thread on this topic from back in 2007 was a great starting point for learning about this, as was Ron Shepherd's Youtube video with Stephen Barr. 

Anyway, I recently purchased a trio of marbles off of eBay that I think might contain a Ravenswood 'green snake' variety as discussed on Alan's thread and on Ron's video.

Photos are attached. The 'green snake' was the reason I bought them (they came as a set), as I can see the oxblood threads centered in the green swirl, which seems to be a Ravenswood signature. I'm not at all sure about the brown swirl example; it's quite eye-catching in person, but I don't know if that is the correct brown for Ravenswood... The larger blue example doesn't look or feel right to me compared to the others, but I include it because it came with the other two...so why not? Apologies for the ring light halos.

As an aside, I'm really quite struck by the visual complexity and real beauty of the two swirl marbles. An almost hypnotic effect. I suddenly 'get' this hobby in a way I didn't when just looking at internet pictures!

PXL_20231216_022409156.jpg

PXL_20231216_022500001.jpg

• Like 1