Transitional?

Melissa

Nice marble, Melissa, it sure looks like a pinched "pontil" transitional to me. Many of these came out of Canada but I am not entirely sure about their origins. I do not think they are American made, though.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Nice marble, Melissa, it sure looks like a pinched "pontil" transitional to me. Many of these came out of Canada but I am not entirely sure about their origins.

That would be Roger (Browse4 antique) in Canada who'd found them there and tried to source them. . Around 20 years ago he said the marbles on this Solitaire set by Chad Valley were the only type that were the same construction that were not the same as the Japan Yasuda marbles, in boxes he had been collecting. .

IDK yours looks much more balanced than those  in this photo but, the color matches.

chadevalley1.thumb.jpg.5852360f2e354921061fa1ddacee780f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

That would be Roger (Browse4 antique) in Canada who'd found them there and tried to source them. . Around 20 years ago he said the marbles on this Solitaire set by Chad Valley were the only type that were the same construction that were not the same as the Japan Yasuda marbles, in boxes he had been collecting. .

IDK yours looks much more balanced than those  in this photo but, the color matches.

chadevalley1.thumb.jpg.5852360f2e354921061fa1ddacee780f.jpg

Thank you so much!